Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my CHL "Phone Call" today. The woman sounded reluctant but said, "I am calling you to inform you will be receiving you TX CHL in seven business days. It has been approved." Does this mean its "Official?"

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Sounds official to me. Cogratulations! Carry safe, carry smart, and carry often.

Reactions: bre346

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Congrats! You must be 'special' cuz I didn't get a phone call. :(

Reactions: BMC

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
IMO, it will be official when you are holding it your hand. Now you'll have to brave the gauntlet at Walmart to buy some ammo. Sigh, the things we must do for our country.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
It ain't Official until its Official and in your hand. Don't count your chickens before the eggs hatch. This sounds like a government version of the "checks in the mail" or the old "Of course, I'll respect you in the morning"

Back when I got my CHL many moons ago, it just showed up with on fanfair, no phone call, no sky writting, it just appeared.....Congratulation!!!!

MY only words of wisdom to pass along would be to always remember the responsibility you carry....every time you carry!!!! Once you pull that pistol and pull the trigger, there are no do-overs, you can't stop that bullet once it's been released to rethink and reasses the situation. Death is permanent..Period.

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts
Thats odd, I wasn't aware that the state was in the habit of calling to inform us that our CHL is approved. I just got mine in the mail.

·
Registered
8,789 Posts
When you have the CHL in hand, it's official. You can log in to check ststus at

https://txapps.texas.gov/txapp/txdps/chl/

It will ask for your DL, SSN and D-O-B to log in and check status. I don't recall getting a phone call - just received nine days after sending all paperwork, photo's and class completion.

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
Didn't get a phone call the first time, nor did I get one when I renewed. It just showed up!

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
What's up with calling Gov. Perry a dictator? I received no phone call and my first CHL took a couple months to process. Suggest you may have been hearing things and if you don't like the governor, perhaps this gal would be more your style:

·
Administrator
39,379 Posts
What's up with calling Gov. Perry a dictator? I received no phone call and my first CHL took a couple months to process. Suggest you may have been hearing things and if you don't like the governor, perhaps this gal would be more your style:

Eeeeeewwwwwwwww! That's Ma Richards. She wouldn't approve of anything. :D
I'll bet the same guy that approved my CHL, is the same guy that approved Perry's. The Director of The Texas Department of Public Safety.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Administrator
35,117 Posts

Thanks, I really needed to clean vomit off of my keyboard this early in the morning. :icon_rolleyes:

With Ann, not only would you not get a phone call saying that it's in the mail, you'd have the state troopers showing up at the door to retrieve your guns for 'safety inspections'.

Reactions: TexasAviator

·
Super Moderator
34,952 Posts
No one ever called me. If i wanted an update, I had to call them. Of course, that was 1996, a few years back.

Sounds to me like you're reading a lot into that phone call. But, whatever, you got it, right?

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I send them a message asking them to call me. Its been three months and still it was under review. So I messaged them asking if there was an issue. Instead I got a phone call saying it was approved!

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What's up with calling Gov. Perry a dictator?
I only say that because Texas does not have term limits on the Governorship and I disagree with that. Its like term limits on the presidency...would you want Bill or Obamo for 20+ years like Russia's Vladimir Putin? Term limits keep us progressing in new ideas and infrastructure, sometimes too much is just too much. Maybe I should run for office some day who knows.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Texas doesn't need term limits, eventually the public knows it's time for a change and takes care of it.
The only time Gov Perry stepped into the public eye was when he either had a photo opp for betterment of image and when he took a run at the White House. The latter of the two I think may have sealed his future in politics, even though I heard he was ready to try for Washington one more time.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
I only say that because Texas does not have term limits on the Governorship and I disagree with that. Its like term limits on the presidency...would you want Bill or Obamo for 20+ years like Russia's Vladimir Putin? Term limits keep us progressing in new ideas and infrastructure, sometimes too much is just too much. Maybe I should run for office some day who knows.
Maybe you should run for the Texas House of Representives....not a bad gig to have, elected to a two year term and the legislature only meets every two years in odd numbers years with a 140 day calendar limitation.

Railroad Commissioner wouldn't be bad either. You don't even have to know anything about the railroad.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts