Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference between the Chip McCormick Power Mag and the Chip McCormick Power Mag Plus besides the price? I'm thinking of getting a couple extra magazines for my PT1911 and looked at the description of the above-mentioned magazines. They seem to have the same specs except the Power Mag Plus is about $5 more. Please enlighten me. Thanks!

·
Registered
606 Posts
Found this info when I was researching CMC mags: "Power Mag Plus have a special follower that won't tip forward on the last round and 'ding' the feed ramp. On steel pistols it is not a problem, but on aluminum-framed one's it can leave a divit on the ramp."

I purchased the slightly-cheaper CMC 10-rd Power Mag for my PT1911 (non-aluminum) and it has worked fine.

There maybe more to the Plus design, but that's the only difference I could find via online research. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Hope its OK to link to another forum, otherwise I'll remove it and ask for forgiveness. :unsure:
Includes detailed, closeup pictures: http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=254464

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Found this info when I was researching CMC mags: "Power Mag Plus have a special follower that won't tip forward on the last round and 'ding' the feed ramp. On steel pistols it is not a problem, but on aluminum-framed one's it can leave a divit on the ramp."

I purchased the slightly-cheaper CMC 10-rd Power Mag for my PT1911 (non-aluminum) and it has worked fine.

There maybe more to the Plus design, but that's the only difference I could find via online research. Hope this helps.

EDIT: Hope its OK to link to another forum, otherwise I'll remove it and ask for forgiveness. :unsure:
Includes detailed, closeup pictures: CMC Powermag + vs. Powermag w/ pics - 1911Forum
I clicked the link and saw the photos comparing both mags side by side. I think the Power Mag + has a better follower design, preventing it from jumping forward. Now I know which one to get. Thanks for the help! :cool:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts