Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,647 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went grocery shopping at Walmart today and bought some chicken legs. Right before she rang them up, I asked the young lady
if she knew if they were front legs or back legs. She paused for a moment to read everything on the package and after not finding
anything said that she would ask her manager. So, I let her go. She came back in a couple of minutes and said "that's not funny".
I said sorry; but, for me it was. The guy in back of me said it was funny to him, too.

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
That's Evil. Hilarious but Evil. I'll have to remember to use that next time I pick some up.

·
Registered
4,696 Posts
It's also a bit sad...that there are people walking around that do not know (apparently) what a chicken looks like with it's clothes on!

·
Registered
24,960 Posts
I remember arguing with a KFC employee years ago. Chicken have nine pieces, two of everything and the back. KFC sells "breasts" and "center breats" Center breast are those we know and love. Their "breasts" are half the back and thigh, not even white meat.

I asked the girl; how many breasts do chickens have? It stumped her.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Now you have just given me another reason to go shopping.

You DO know that somehow, all this karma will eventually wind up snarled around you, don't you?

·
Super Moderator
19,641 Posts
The wife and I go to a fresh produce stand about a mile down the road a couple of times a week. We went yesterday and we only bought a head of lettuce, 2 cucumbers, a couple of tomatoes, a plum, 2 peaches and a large cup of boiled peanuts. After entering this into the old fashioned cashier machine (numbers punched on keys like old fashioned typewriters) she had an odd look on her face. She says our total is $21230.00. Before she said she made a mistake I asked my wife to put back the head of lettuce! Everyone in the store got a laugh. When she corrected it and said our total was only $10.25 I told my wife she could keep the lettuce and buy another one if she wanted. Another good laugh.

Reactions: Flash60601 and bigC

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Try going to Taco Bell and paying with a $2 bill. A what!? I'm going to have to report this to my manager!!!

Reactions: Flash60601

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
It's also a bit sad...that there are people walking around that do not know (apparently) what a chicken looks like with it's clothes on!
One time my mom went to the grocery store and bought a coconut. The girl running the register looked at it funny and asked her what it was. My mom informed her it was a coconut. The girl said she had never seen one before (yet they sell them in that store), and had other cashiers come over to look at it too, to share in her wonder and new knowledge.

Reactions: Kevin Keith

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Decades ago, I worked with a young guy who had been divorced by his first wife after two really difficult years, and he had then just married a rather naieve seventeen-year-old girl and he sent her in to the grocery for two pounds of chicken-lips to cook for his supper.

Word eventually got back to the shop and his life was significantly uncomfortable for some while thereafter.

·
Registered
6,347 Posts
A Captain D's opened in a nearby town several years ago and I went in shortly after the grand opening. I'd just got out of the fast food management, so when I went in, I noticed that there was a regional/division manager type behind the counter alternating between getting in the way and actually being helpful.

As it happened, he was the one that gave me my food and he asked me if there was 'anything else he could do for me'. I pointed towards the menu board and said that maybe he could explain to me what a tenderloin on a catfish was because I'd been cleaning catfish since I was a little kid and I've never seen a loin on a single one of them.

That's when his jaw dropped.

When he remembered to close his mouth, he walked away and hid back in the kitchen or office until I was gone.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts