Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got back from Gat Guns in Dundee IL. WOW.... just WOW!!! They had pallets of any ammo you can think of. Today is day 2 of their grand reopening. They have factory reps there, guns to shoot, ammo to buy and they are doing tours of their new 75 yard indoor range. They have a 50 and a 25 also! The 75 is the coolest thing I've seen in ranges. I will be back with the rifle.

The ammo prices were a little up and down but I did great. I needed 22lr bad and I got it! They have many brands I just happened to get all Aguila. Each person is allowed 1 bulk pack and 2 regular boxes. My buddy wasn't buying so I had him help me out but I walked away with 1000 rounds of copper coated hyper velocity(2 bulk boxes @ 39.99 each) and 100 rounds of 124gr 9mm (2 50rd boxes) all for $120 with tax. They have remington, federal... you name it. The gun shop selection was great too! I think I may have fell in love with an FNX-40 (Don't tell the wife thought). They're supposed to have FN's in the rental case so I'll return when they're not so busy and try it out.

If you need ammo and you're anywhere near Dundee IL get out there and bring people with. They have raffles and door prizes going on today too.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Damn tempting and just about worth the drive....

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I drove over an hour and it was almost worth it just for the tour and to see the selection of guns. The 25yrd range is open today for shooting the factory rep guns. Some nice pieces out too! If my buddy didn't have to get going I would have been doing that next. Aguila was a better deal then American Eagle there which is the exact opposite of my LGS but no complaints here! Their stuff shoots good in my guns.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lol, I almost forgot! They have a Taurus rep there too with like 12 guns to shoot. I really wish I would have at least shot the 840.

·
Administrator
41,031 Posts
I'm afraid it would all be gone before I could get there!

Reactions: bps1 and Lmstncwby

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
I wonder if they will be able to get ammo once it is all gone? I suspect they will be like the other stores as well.

But sounded like a really great time. A 75 yard indoor range? Wow!

·
Registered
751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Target range all digital. Input distance in ft and hit go. Each lane had strobe simulation in multiple patterns and colors that you could custom set. They also were finishing up a camera system where you could study yourself shooting. Very cool stuff!

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
nice to know theres something worth going to illinois for.

·
Super Moderator
39,218 Posts
They hoarded their supply for weeks and weeks to accumulate enough for their extravaganza. They have undergone a huge transformation and expansion of their business over the last year. They are immediately off the NW tollway so they routinely draw Chicago refugees out for training classes that they cannot get in their own city to obtain the licenses that they need to own a firearm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts