Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see on the internet that Chicago had ten dead and 39 wounded over the weekend. Nice to see that gun ban is working so well for them.

Moderator, I hope this is the right forum to post this. If not pleaase forgive and move it.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
In Chicago only the bad guys have guns and the only reason they have them is because the law abiding citizens from other counties around Chicago are allowed to have them. (According to the Chicago Police) Chicago politics is a joke. If they would just enforce the laws they already have they wouldn't need to ban guns. In fact if they would stop denying their citizens their constitutional rights their crime rate would drop. But, as long as patronage is the staple of Chicago politics, the bad guys will always have the advantage in Chicago.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Saw that on msnbc.com.
Chicago could ban guns completely and only the criminals will have them.
When will they ever learn?

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Hmmm...... isn't there a politician from there that would like to see that ban spread?

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
In Chicago only the bad guys have guns and the only reason they have them is because the law abiding citizens from other counties around Chicago are allowed to have them. (According to the Chicago Police) Chicago politics is a joke. If they would just enforce the laws they already have they wouldn't need to ban guns. In fact if they would stop denying their citizens their constitutional rights their crime rate would drop. But, as long as patronage is the staple of Chicago politics, the bad guys will always have the advantage in Chicago.
I couldn't have said it better!

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
One day the people in this area will be able to vote this out of office. At this time there is no way I would move into this state, I thought New Jersey was bad enough.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I'm glad I don't live in Chicago, I'd be scared sh**less, not from the bad guys but from the completely inept brainless police.

You are right., there is someone from this same area of idiots and he lives somewhere East of there in a big house, a white one with a fence around it and lots of suck ups kissing his a**. Now is the fence to keep him in or out? I can't remember. Hopefully he"ll be moving soon, but we'll have to still pay him a friggin 100 grand a year.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
In Chicago only the bad guys have guns and the only reason they have them is because the law abiding citizens from other counties around Chicago are allowed to have them. (According to the Chicago Police).
Big Skiff, I love that statement. It shows a level of logic that my simple mind can't grasp. Bad guys have guns because the potential victims have guns. It follows that if the cops didn't have guns the bad guys wouldn't need guns. Add to that, if the potential victims didn't have anything worth stealing, then there wouldn't be any bad guys. So I guess, after all's said and done, it's my fault. I guess I should feel guilty.

·
Super Moderator
19,748 Posts
I'm glad I don't live in Chicago, I'd be scared sh**less, not from the bad guys but from the completely inept brainless police.

You are right., there is someone from this same area of idiots and he lives somewhere East of there in a big house, a white one with a fence around it and lots of suck ups kissing his a**. Now is the fence to keep him in or out? I can't remember. Hopefully he"ll be moving soon, but we'll have to still pay him a friggin 100 grand a year.
Not sure where you got your compensation info from but . . . . . . . . .

Compensation

Presidential pay history
Date established Salary | Salary in 2009 dollars

September 24, 1789 $25,000 $566,000
March 3, 1873 $50,000 $865,000
March 4, 1909 $75,000 $1,714,000
January 19, 1949 $100,000 $906,000
January 20, 1969 $200,000 $1,175,000
January 20, 2001 $400,000 $487,000
Sources:[67][68][69]

The president earns a $400,000 annual salary, along with a $50,000 annual expense account, a $100,000 nontaxable travel account and $19,000 for entertainment.[70][71] The most recent raise in salary was approved by Congress and President Bill Clinton in 1999 and went into effect in 2001.
The White House in Washington, D.C. serves as the official place of residence for the president; he is entitled to use its staff and facilities, including medical care, recreation, housekeeping, and security services. Naval Support Facility Thurmont, popularly known as Camp David, is a mountain-based military camp in Frederick County, Maryland used as a country retreat and for high alert protection of the president and his guests. Blair House, located next to the Old Executive Office Building at the White House Complex and Lafayette Park, is a complex of four connected townhouses exceeding 70,000 square feet (6,500 m2) of floor space which serves as the president's official guest house and as a secondary residence for the president if needed.[72]

Oh, and this is from Wikipedia - yeah, I know, not the most pristine of sources but good when you need something pretty quick . . .

And, each member of congress makes $174,000 per year - that's in salary, not counting all the contributions, etc. from PACs and special interest groups . . .

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
Sooo....It's poetic justice? BHO is a victim of the inflation that he helped create?

Reactions: rodfair

·
Registered
29,906 Posts
To help "clean the streets up"...

Every gun hating tree hugging liberal in the U.S. should move to Chicago, New York City or Washington D.C.

Maybe if "that herd" is thinned out, common sense gun laws could once again rule their streets.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
To help "clean the streets up"...

Every gun hating tree hugging liberal in the U.S. should move to Chicago, New York City or Washington D.C.

Maybe if "that herd" is thinned out, common sense gun laws could once again rule their streets.
M-Dawg, Don't know where you have been but I think they have already moved. You HAVE to add California and Masssssassssachusetts as well to the list of lefty centers... heck, toss in Austin for that matter hehe

·
Registered
811 Posts
Chi-town, Detroit, Phily, DC, LA ...all libtard cities. I could care less what happens there, ..If there are any real Americans still in these places, they should move. Or the police should grow a pair and mass arrest the city councils and mayors. Wasn't Chicago just listed the most corrupt place/city in the U.S.? And it has held that tittle since the turn of the 20th century.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just don't see how they can continue to ban handguns there. The only place, other then D.C. that needs them the most. I'm so glad I moved to a free state.

·
Registered
62 Posts
i know this is off topic but #1 do you think texas will ever be open carry and #2 what will it take...oh and to respond to the topic...well...ummm...god bless TEXAS!!!

·
Super Moderator
36,070 Posts
Well, just a brief survey of the local races today indicate that things have not and will not change here. Jesse Jackson Jr won handily in his nomination race, Dorothy Brown-Clerk of the Circuit Court who was charging her employees when they wanted to wear jeans to work on Friday and who has never realistically accounted for the thousands of dollars she collected will again hold that position of power. The Democrats nationally spent all kinds of money to propel Tammy Duckworth over her opponent and she will face off against Joe Walsh in November. We have a good chance of losing that seat in Congress as they will paint Walsh as a fringe TEA party guy. The state Demonrats also redistricted Don Manzullo's district (he's a 20 year incumbent and a solid Conservative) and Adam Kinzinger will win that nomination as the "new" district wasn't aware of Manzullo's record. Kinzinger will probably lose that seat for the Right in November.

The Conservative party is losing on a lot of fronts and I am coming to believe that Priebus is even a less effective leader than his predecessor.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts