Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
Welcome from rural NE Florida.
I grew up in Palm Beach County and lived there 50 years, but it just got way too crowded with transplants from elsewhere.
Wife and I made our escape in 1995.

·
Registered
7,034 Posts
Welcome to taurusarmed.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest - "Taurus® Spoken Here!" Hooaaahhhh!!!!!

·
Registered
29,895 Posts
Welcome aboard from the "GunShine"state of Florida.
State of over 2 MILLION 21 THOUSAND Concealed Carry Licenses and counting!

·
Registered
7,034 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!

I hate to be a downer, but I had a 738 a couple years ago and it was the only "problem child" in my family of handguns. At first it jammed loading the last round of the magazine, every time. After MANY dry cycles, it started working good. Then within a year it started to have Failure to Extract issues (FTE's). I finally had to send it back to the factory. Taurus said they couldn't repair it, and offered to replace it with a Spectrum. I asked if I could have a G2C instead, and they approved. I am very happy with my G2C. I still wanted a pocket gun though, so I got a Ruger LCP-II. It is very similar to the 738, but much more reliable.

I initially got the 738 thinking this would be a good gun for my wife. At first she liked the size, but when she fired it at the range she thought it was too "snappy" (same with the LCP-II). I then got her a Bersa Thunder 380, which she liked better, but thought it was too "complicated".
To my surprise, the gun she likes best is my Taurus M-85UL snub-nose 38 special.
My problem with the 738 was the magazine springs kept getting wrapped around themselves which gave me a terrible feed. Replaced the springs, solved the problem.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Do you shoot at Shoot Center on Del Prado?? If so maybe we can meetup sometime!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Do you shoot at Shoot Center on Del Prado?? If so maybe we can meetup sometime!
Yes. There and up at Babcock Webb ranges. The best time is when I take the 12 ga and slugs into Shoot Center. My son loves that trip. I don't go to the ranges much with the price of ammo so high. I got a laser trainer and am honing the skills at home right now.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
My shooting has been minimized due to the lack of stock and outrageous prices of ammo. We have had good luck finding 12ga slugs at the Shell Factory flea market on Saturday mornings.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts