Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the PT 738 a year or so ago and am currently training our daughter about the shooting world. I figure she will soon be moving out and taking the gun, our training and her concealed carry license with her. So, anticipating the gap, I bought the PT 111 G2C. I figure this would be a good place to visit and stay up to date on the issues of the day. I did read the rules... seem like common sense and will certainly comply. I hope to learn a lot just by observing. Oh, the weather is beautiful here.

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma.

·
Registered
27,323 Posts
Welcome to the group.

·
Administrator
39,691 Posts
Welcome from West Texas!

·
Registered
18,797 Posts
:) Hi and welcome aboard from nw PA!

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
And yet another welcome from Pennsylvania.

·
Super Moderator
26,962 Posts
Welcome from 4 Corners, FL!

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Welcome aboard, from Las Vegas!

I hate to be a downer, but I had a 738 a couple years ago and it was the only "problem child" in my family of handguns. At first it jammed loading the last round of the magazine, every time. After MANY dry cycles, it started working good. Then within a year it started to have Failure to Extract issues (FTE's). I finally had to send it back to the factory. Taurus said they couldn't repair it, and offered to replace it with a Spectrum. I asked if I could have a G2C instead, and they approved. I am very happy with my G2C. I still wanted a pocket gun though, so I got a Ruger LCP-II. It is very similar to the 738, but much more reliable.

I initially got the 738 thinking this would be a good gun for my wife. At first she liked the size, but when she fired it at the range she thought it was too "snappy" (same with the LCP-II). I then got her a Bersa Thunder 380, which she liked better, but thought it was too "complicated".
To my surprise, the gun she likes best is my Taurus M-85UL snub-nose 38 special.

·
Registered
24,600 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Another welcome from PA . The best part of it, Pure Appalachia, where the weather is almost always perfect, or so near it you'd never have room to complain.

Glad to have you with us, and I hope your Taurus will be your favorite gun.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Welcome to the forum from the Florida Keys.

·
Registered
24,600 Posts
Welcome to TA from Minnesota.

·
Registered
3,533 Posts

WELCOME NEIGHBOR!!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts