Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Baby Weighing 1 Pound Holds onto Mommy's Hand and Shocks Doctors.

Born 4 months premature and not expected to live, Ezekiel shocked doctors and everyone else who had lost faith that God had a much bigger plan for him. The video shows it all from start to finish - very touching....

·
10,379 Posts
It's amazing what some modern medical facilities can do innit? I cringe every time I see these kinds of pictures. Wish these parents the best of luck.

My son was born almost 4.5 months early, we missed the state record by an oz. Record was 1lb4oz...Tony came in at 1lb5oz. He was so small he'd literally fit in the palm of my hand and hadn't developed the outer layer of skin. Docs told us to say goodbye to him, 4 months in the NICU and we got to bring him home.

He's still small for his age and has autism, but, is generally healthy and happy.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
O.K. You found my soft spot! Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's amazing what some modern medical facilities can do innit? I cringe every time I see these kinds of pictures. Wish these parents the best of luck.

My son was born almost 4.5 months early, we missed the state record by an oz. Record was 1lb4oz...Tony came in at 1lb5oz. He was so small he'd literally fit in the palm of my hand and hadn't developed the outer layer of skin. Docs told us to say goodbye to him, 4 months in the NICU and we got to bring him home.

He's still small for his age and has autism, but, is generally healthy and happy.
That's fantastic Wolf! When I posted this I didn't expect that one of our members could relate in such direct manner! I say, Praise God for Tony!!!
:thumb::thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
as the parent of a preemie - mine was only 9 weeks premature - but i can attest that its something i dont wish upon anyone.
Agreed. My son was only 5 weeks premature, but he came at the end of a very difficult pregnancy (thought we would loose him). My wife had quite severe swelling issues, which led us to go the hospital to check things out. Half an hour later, his heart rate started skyrocketing and plummeting, and the doc said, "that baby is coming NOW"! 45 minutes later Thomas c-sectioned and screamed his way into the world. BTW, he is doing quite well these days! :D

·
10,379 Posts
as the parent of a preemie - mine was only 9 weeks premature - but i can attest that its something i dont wish upon anyone.
True, but, they do come home with some cool equipment. My son came home with an apnea monitor, if he stopped breathing it would shriek and would wake anyone within a 6 mile radius up when it went off.

When my daughter came home I think I spent more nights going in and making sure she was ok than I did sleeping. I would have given my left leg for an apnea monitor for her<g>

·
10,379 Posts
Agreed. My son was only 5 weeks premature, but he came at the end of a very difficult pregnancy (thought we would loose him). My wife had quite severe swelling issues, which led us to go the hospital to check things out. Half an hour later, his heart rate started skyrocketing and plummeting, and the doc said, "that baby is coming NOW"! 45 minutes later Thomas c-sectioned and screamed his way into the world. BTW, he is doing quite well these days! :D

It's great that he's doing so well. Looks like he's likin' his spaghetti too<g>

This is Tony, all dressed up for his Christmas program last year, he'll be 10 in August. He's a skinny lil chit, but, has no problem movin' hay bales. Still weighs about 58 lbs. Docs say he'll be behind developmentally by 2 years.

Attachments

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
Wow that is amazing!

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's great that he's doing so well. Looks like he's likin' his spaghetti too<g>

This is Tony, all dressed up for his Christmas program last year, he'll be 10 in August. He's a skinny lil chit, but, has no problem movin' hay bales. Still weighs about 58 lbs. Docs say he'll be behind developmentally by 2 years.
Yep, Mr. T loves his pasta! :D BTW, thanks for a pic of the miracle man, Tony. All preemies have a little catching up to do, and in the grand scheme of things it won't matter at all. I was six weeks early and I turned out okay (oh no, here come the comments!)!:D

·
10,379 Posts
Yep, Mr. T loves his pasta! :D BTW, thanks for a pic of the miracle man, Tony. All preemies have a little catching up to do, and in the grand scheme of things it won't matter at all. I was six weeks early and I turned out okay (oh no, here come the comments!)!:D
LoL Yep, I think he's doin' good. Kids are my Kryptonite. I can play Billy Badass all I want, someone drops a kid in my lap and I turn into a freakin' marshmallow.

Yeah, same here. I was 6 weeks early...and now I've done gone and passed my expected weight<g> Not my height..I seem to be shrinking, and as I shrink down I seem to be expanding...I know...as global warming increases, it must be interfering with the gravitational fields...yeah...that's it...I'm not getting fat...gravity's getting stronger!

LoL name me another firearms forum where the guys share pics of their children<g> Well at least we don't share recipes...oh yeah...numerous food threads...hmmm....I draw the line at discussing clothes! Oh wait..jeans thread...AWWW CRAP!<g>

·
Registered
29,757 Posts
LoL Yep, I think he's doin' good. Kids are my Kryptonite. I can play Billy Badass all I want, someone drops a kid in my lap and I turn into a freakin' marshmallow.

Yeah, same here. I was 6 weeks early...and now I've done gone and passed my expected weight<g> Not my height..I seem to be shrinking, and as I shrink down I seem to be expanding...I know...as global warming increases, it must be interfering with the gravitational fields...yeah...that's it...I'm not getting fat...gravity's getting stronger!

LoL name me another firearms forum where the guys share pics of their children<g> Well at least we don't share recipes...oh yeah...numerous food threads...hmmm....I draw the line at discussing clothes! Oh wait..jeans thread...AWWW CRAP!<g>
at least we don't talk about shower products and lufas.... ;) :D

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fact is, we are REAL MEN and we know it! :D And our wives do too!!!:lifting:

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Medical science had produced many miracles in the past 50 years and today they seem to seem to be on an even faster pace!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts