Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the "arsenal" of guns that woman had when arrested for making pipe bombs

https://www.cbsnews.com/live/video/...aking-destructive-device-with-intent-to-harm/

On the CBS evening news last night the Nora O Donnell said before the video that the woman had pipe bombs and an arsenal of weapons, enough to kill hundreds or possibly thousands. While that might be true with 24 pipe bombs, I was curious as to what kind of "arsenal" she had. The "arsenal" is about 15-18 seconds into the video. :rolleyes: I don't know of a way of doing a screen capture yet unfortunitely.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
BB or airsoft guns? What does the orange tip barrel signify? Red for toy.

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BB or airsoft guns? What does the orange tip barrel signify? Red for toy.
IDK about whether bb or airsoft but there appears to be a label for CO 2 cartridges, which usually is used for BB or pellet guns. Most of the BB or pellet guns I've seen for sale though don't have orange tips.

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
Yeah those appear to be airsoft guns. Even if they were real not much of an arsenal to say the least. Admittedly she does have more pipe bombs than I do.:D

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Orange tips are AirSoft, not what I would classify as a gun, or lethal weapon, but as a training tool.

She seems to meet the profile for a member of Antifa.

Maybe it is just me, but I am a little uncomfortable with being indicted by predicting crimes that may happen sometime in the future. It is a little too much "Minority Report" for me.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Could be wrong, but I can’t think of any place in the U.S. where it’s legal to make a pipe bomb, regardless of your intentions.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
So, the pic of the lady arrested doesn’t seem to fit the nice house shown in the video. Was she still living with her parents? A 57 year old living with their parents bothers me more than having a collection of orange tip barreled guns. And having toy guns leads me to wonder if she really had “pipe bombs” or just capped ended pipes.

·
Registered
12,813 Posts
Could be wrong, but I can’t think of any place in the U.S. where it’s legal to make a pipe bomb, regardless of your intentions.
As a kid in the 1950s and 1960s, we made "pipe bombs" although we called them "rocket motors" in our attempts to come up with rocket fuel to get us to the moon. We blew up a lot of stuff trying to get the formula for rocket fuel right.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Good Lord.

Reactions: Desperado

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
guns-oangetip.JPG
They must be toys, One appears to be a short barreled pump shotgun with both a tube and detachable box mag, and a scope...????

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
3,561 Posts
I am totally, inexplicably confuzzled in how "toy guns" can become an "arsenal". Did I miss something about when this happened?

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
I am totally, inexplicably confuzzled in how "toy guns" can become an "arsenal". Did I miss something about when this happened?
Its called a liberal left slanted media.

·
Registered
14,790 Posts
Think of all those lost paper souls and aluminum cans that have been spared unwanted death at 420 fps. Geez Louise, CBS needs to be called to the mat for this blunder

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Does she really have 24 pipe bombs as the authorities claim. I see a black tool box with 1"X8" long galvanized pipe nipples with a galvanized cap screwed on each end. I see another black tool box to the left that appears to have what I assume is green cannon fuse. To the right of the pipe nipple toolbox, I see several containers of what I believe is smokeless powder used in reloading.
I don't see a hole drilled in one of the caps, nor a fuse inserted through the hole. I don't see any smokeless powder in the pipe nipples that would make it a bomb.

It there was powder in the pipes, there would be a danger of an explosion. The authorities would not risk their safety to organize all that evidence into a nice photo opportunity to support their case if there were 24 live pipe bombs any where near them.

Now she may be charged with possession of bomb making material or conspiring to manufacture a bomb, but until a hole is drilled into the cap, a fuse is installed, the pipe filled with propellent, and the cap screwed back on, There is NO bomb.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
I knew something was amiss when I saw the reporter asking the sheriff (all made up in a suit) “what was the potential damage?”

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Current news has no pictures of her "arsenal." Seems someone tipped off the media what those orange thingies on the muzzles signified.

·
Super Moderator
19,740 Posts
Current news has no pictures of her "arsenal." Seems someone tipped off the media what those orange thingies on the muzzles signified.
What? No pics? Too late - we, the public, already read the story and have the pics.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan
1 - 20 of 34 Posts