Taurus Firearm Forum banner

Check Out My Pedersoli Sharps

3K views 40 replies 34 participants last post by  MisterNoisy 
#1 ·
Just got this yesterday. It's a used Pedersoli 45-70 with a 32"'barrel and some nice wood and checkering. It's my first one with a pistol grip and it really points naturally. The bore is mint, beautiful. I also like the German silver fore end cap. I just loaded 30 rounds tonight (this is my third Purdy Sharps so I've got brass and reloading equipment already) and I'll give a range report as soon as I get to shoot it. I really like the striping on the fore end wood.

See less See more
#4 ·
Really nice, Congrats.

#7 ·
Very Nice.... Emoticon Yellow Black Facial expression Smile

#10 ·
Just got this yesterday. It's a used Pedersoli 45-70 with a 32"'barrel and some nice wood and checkering. It's my first one with a pistol grip and it really points naturally. The bore is mint, beautiful. I also like the German silver fore end cap. I just loaded 30 rounds tonight (this is my third Purdy Sharps so I've got brass and reloading equipment already) and I'll give a range report as soon as I get to shoot it. I really like the striping on the fore end wood.
That pistol grip must make it an assault rifle.

#18 ·
That is just a gorgeous example of firearms history. Beautiful craftsmanship and materials! Excuse my ignorance; is it an antique, or is someone still making them?

#23 ·
We had one at Sand Lake the first year. A buddy who rode down with me brought his. He has since pretty well gown nuts on 45-70's, really likes lobbing big bullets.

#24 ·
Beautiful rifle! I love the falling blocks and love the Sharps Rifle. I have an 1895 Browning in 45 70 with a 28 inch octagon barrel and shotgun type stock. My favorite rifle for deer, hogs and whatever I run into although it is a little heavy for a long carry. I just love shooting this rifle.

#26 ·
Pedersoli makes some really nice firearms. I was wanting a 12 gauge front stuffer by them, but talked myself out of it.

Very nice. It seems to be screaming for a folding tang aperture sight, though. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.