Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got this yesterday. It's a used Pedersoli 45-70 with a 32"'barrel and some nice wood and checkering. It's my first one with a pistol grip and it really points naturally. The bore is mint, beautiful. I also like the German silver fore end cap. I just loaded 30 rounds tonight (this is my third Purdy Sharps so I've got brass and reloading equipment already) and I'll give a range report as soon as I get to shoot it. I really like the striping on the fore end wood.

·
Super Moderator
40,495 Posts
Really nice, Congrats.

·
Administrator
35,275 Posts
Now I know why you were loading up 45-70.....beautiful gun ! Congrats !

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Very Nice.... Smiley Thumbs-up 2.gif

·
Registered
6,559 Posts
Just got this yesterday. It's a used Pedersoli 45-70 with a 32"'barrel and some nice wood and checkering. It's my first one with a pistol grip and it really points naturally. The bore is mint, beautiful. I also like the German silver fore end cap. I just loaded 30 rounds tonight (this is my third Purdy Sharps so I've got brass and reloading equipment already) and I'll give a range report as soon as I get to shoot it. I really like the striping on the fore end wood.
That pistol grip must make it an assault rifle.

·
Registered
24,596 Posts
Congrats on your new Sharps. Beautiful.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Very nice rifle. I have a Pedersoli muzzleloader, it is a rolling block design(Remington copy). The original inline muzzleloader.

·
22,292 Posts
That is just a gorgeous example of firearms history. Beautiful craftsmanship and materials! Excuse my ignorance; is it an antique, or is someone still making them?

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Beautiful rifle!

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks guys! GhostHorse, it's a Pedersoli replica and this one seems to be one of their better examples if I say so myself.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts