Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, greetings from Tennessee. I own a 617 Ti and a 24/7 Pro, as well as everything from a Springfield SAR-48 to a S&W Model 29. I've been around guns all my life and most would probably put it as my number one passion in life. I've been in the Marines for about 4 1/2 years, am a Sergeant now, and am going over to the dark side in December.

I joined just to get a feel for what Taurus has to offer. I've been having some problems and questions about their guns and am looking for a few answers. The 24/7 is growing on me like a tumor and is beginning to renew my faith. From what I hear, the this is the best site for info on Taurus, and I look forward to meeting some of the guys and hearing a few replies.

Semper Fi

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome from Arizona :wave:

Thanks for serving our country
Jump in and have fun.. ;)
You are correct, this is the best place to get any answers on Taurus.. great group on here..

Ask away

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome aboard, we're glad to have you with us.
If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Best Wishes

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mrglock,

Not too well actually. It's now on it's third trip back to the factory, hopefully for full replacement. The action has a tendency to lock up after about 70 rounds between factory visits, and the cylinder continually chips. My dealer has picked up the shipping for every trip, to which I am eternally grateful. Hopefully they'll give me a new revolver. I told my dealer I don't care if it's a steel-framed, 15 pound, .38 Special non +P rated, five shot. I just want a gun that works. Taurus replaced my 24/7 after three trips to the factory, so it looks like I might be getting a good surprise in the next eight weeks or so. Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hello from a fellow Tennessean! Sorry to hear about your troubles. I have a PT145 and it went back soon after I bought it. It came home almost 3 months later a new gun :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts