Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interested in trying out a SmartCarry style carry, but don't want to spring for the $50 or so for the fancy underwear? On another gun board, someone posted a deal they found, so I ordered one to try out for a P11. It also happens to fit the PT145 well also. It's the DeSantis Hot Jox from New York Ironworks (http://www.newyorkironworks.com/dehotjox50of.html).

I wouldn't say it's as nice as my SmartCarry, but when I lay them on top of each other, it looks like a darn close copy in terms of cut, angles, stitching, etc, so it might be a good test or occasional item for only $23 I ordered the 'medium auto'. I haven't worn it long term to see how it holds up, but it's a heck of a lot cheaper as an option to explore.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Just ordered the Hot Jox. I hope I have room below my newly aquired winter spare tire. ;D

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I just ordered mine, too. Thanks for the shopping tip, CJ. :thumb:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I'm to understand smartcarry gives you a money back guarantee. If you don't like it, send it back.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Makes me nervous when I see, "All sales final, no refunds, no returns." I immediately think they won't stand behind their product because they KNOW the product WILL fail with use. I tend to steer clear. Good Luck.

Sam.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
swak6287 said:
the more i look at it, the more it looks like a fanny pack.
No, it's an in-the-pants holster. If you're familiar with SmartCarry or ThunderWear, it's another knockoff of that concept.

As for 'all sales final', it's a De Santis product, I think they're just clearing them out...or does that apply to ALL of their products? For the prices of the clearance stuff I bought, I didn't care too much.

·
Registered
7 Posts
cj said:
it's an in-the-pants holster.
No wonder theres no returns, its called the HOT JOX and is looks like a jock strap... Im not sure id want to buy one thats been restocked. :eek: :D

Excuse me do you have any Hot Jox holsters? why yes we have a used one right here, barely used.... :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts