Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys, i've posted this before, but i see new faces showing up all the time so i thought i would start a thread on it and get other peoples two cents.

i use my guns for self defense, and i need every set of sights to work the same, and since taurus is the oddball sight out there, i change theirs, and not everyone else's. not to mention that my older pt-111 has standard sights, while my new one has(had) heine sights.

the simple fix is to take the front sight to the grinding wheel, grind almost halfway through the circle then start test shooting it, take a hand file to the range to fine tune it. when your all done touch up the white dots (front and rear)w/ a black paint marker, and it shoots like standard sights.

i know the idea of grinding on a new guns freaks most people out, but it works. if you find you don't like it, then buy one of the aftermarket sights, but like allot of guys have said, it's only a $300 gun, i don't want to put that much more into it w/ accesories and other stuff.

i will be taking my 4th pro series pistol to the grinding wheel this weekend, after agonizing over doing it to my first gun (24/7), it has gotten allot easier to do the other 3.

·
Administrator
40,679 Posts
Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
geeezzzzee guys, i thought you were my friends......i do see the humor, but it does work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Why not just use laser grips? I'd hate to deface :'( any of my pistols or revolvers.

Bob

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you black out all the dots, so none are visible, i/e the half still left up front, and the rear dot, then you are just shooting it like the old style traditional sights of years past, none of the white is showing. the only negative is the paint wears off the top of the front post from holster wear, but it is not visible in the sight picture so it is not a distractor.

normally to adjust for shooting low a person adjusts the rear sight up, but since that feature is not available on taurus's standard heine sights, you are just lowering the front sight pin instead.

if there is a laser grip available for the pro series taurus i am not aware of it. i haven't found a front rail one that is very suitable(compact) for holster/ccw use.

the only part of the gun that is being defaced is the removable front sight, and if you chose to darken the rear sight dot, again removable, not fixed. so if you don't like what you got when your done, you would be removing them anyway when you buy your standard sights/night sights etc.

·
Registered
34 Posts

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Hershey, This one looks pretty small. Note which gun it's on. You don't have to buy the package, just the laser. http://www.laserlyte.com/ I just bought the "Q.D." model for my PT92. I can hardly wait untill Tuesday when I can get to the range and zero it in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.