Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked it up yesterday, so here is a quick photo. FWIW: I didn't fall off the wagon, I just can't recall where I parked the darn thing..

Paid $265 plus tax. Makes for a inexpensive small or at least semi-small pocket pistol...well for those of us with larger pockets anyway.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
One of the LGS here was pushing those. Didn't quite meet my requirements for "slim". Let us know how you like her and if she is 100% reliable.

·
Registered
3,227 Posts

And he started using it and abusing it... and it finally broke

I say for under 300 bucks it's a hell of a deal.

·
Registered
24,845 Posts
Yep he definitely keeps his guns in the grill

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Congrats on your new acquisition. I have heard not so good things about the first generation SCYY (or SKYY as they were called). The second gen seems to be a lot better - and the customer service is supposedly really good.

I almost bought one, but settled for the PT-111 instead.

Let us know how she shoots, and we look forward to a full range report.

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Prettier than a Glock anyway.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
That's a nice improvement over the Gen. 1 that I bought my wife for her first gun. We had one problem with it when it didn't go bang after pulling the trigger. But I have to hand it to SCCY CS, they completely rebuilt the slide and innards with upgrades destined for the Gen.2. I lost faith in it and sold it, but I do have two riding buds that have the Gen2 SCCY and have had no problems with it. Plus, I have read and seen many of good reviews on the SCCY now too.

Good find there Jon! And I have one more question. You are firing up that grill this weekend, aren't ya? It's just un-natural to see a grill in that pristine condition on Memorial Day!

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
Had one for a s short ..time ..I really liked it ...my buddy liked it better ...its his now..

·
Super Moderator
35,342 Posts
Made in Florida, I think. I have owned and carried a 9x19 Kel Tec P11, sorta the gun the Sccy was cloned from. Still own and have the gun in my carry rotation. Right now it's unloaded and put away as I've been packin' my Taurus 85SSUL lately when I pocket carry and my .45 caliber Ruger P90 OWB when I belt carry. I get in moods. :D

What I don't understand is why a DAO pistol would have a safety unless it's got a very short throw trigger like the Glocks. Glocks could use an external safety IMHO. I've never fired a Sccy, though, to know what the trigger is like.

·
Premium Member
11,235 Posts
I've been seeing them around at various gun stores for a while now, and after seeing a series of good reviews, I've been seeing the price creeping up. Slowly but surely.

·
Banned
5,006 Posts
Somebody said, "prettier than a Glock." I say, "a dead-ringer copy of the Kel-Tec."

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
That's a good looking "cheap" gun. Hellaofalot better looking than a High Point. Congratulations.

·
Registered
7,296 Posts
FWIW: I didn't fall off the wagon, I just can't recall where I parked the darn thing..
That's a good one. I'll have to remember that :).

A nice looking gun. I've thought about getting one of those pistols, but I have enough. I also have a Keltec P11 - guns in the $250 range can be pretty good. Inexpensive and functional is fine with me.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Nice pistol! Where are they made?
Made in FL. Company is run by a few (or one) former KelTec employees. Lots of problems at first, but seems like they got their act together now.

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
I had never heard of this manufacturer until I saw an ad in a gun magazine the other day. It raised my
interest and now that you mentioned the price, I am even more curious. Let us know how it shoots!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts