Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am seriously considering buying a MILLENNIUM PRO PT145 .45 ACP. I’m also looking at a Springfield XD. The XD has had a lot of the same torture tests that the Glocks have, and earned their stripes. I have not seen much for torture test info on the Pro, or any for that matter. This is not as important to me as it is to some. I don’t plan on pouring sand into my gun while firing it, although it would be nice to know it works under those types of conditions. Has any ever heard of, or done torture tests of this magnitude on these guns?

I held both the XD and the Millennium Pro, and even a Glock just to get a feel. I would really like to buy the Pro. It’s superior for a number of reasons, but before I take this little beauty home I need to know one thing. Does it eat the cheap ammo? I don’t mean the Wally World special (like Federal). I mean the REALLY CHEAP stuff like Wolf ammo. This stuff is like $125 per 500 rounds. You can get it @ http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...cat602112&navAction=jump &cmCat=cat20726_feat I know that the Springfield XD and Glock both eat Wolf ammo like it’s gourmet. This ammo situation is the only thing that would possible prevent me of buying a Millennium Pro. Does anyone know how these guns perform with super cheap ammo? The other reason I like the cheap ammo is that it never hurts to have an extra 1000 rounds lying around for a rainy day. Excessive? I think not!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
I can't speak for Wolf .. but I've never ever had a problem with CCI or WWB ammo. I remember someone saying they didn't have any problems with Wolf ammo, but I don't remember who it was.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
There is no way to know for sure if the gun you want to buy will like Wolf (or any other cheaper load) or not until you try it. I've never had a gun twitch on Blazer alum. until my XD, which will feed Wolf no problem. My 1911 likes both. Unless you have another gun in that caliber I'd only get a box or two to test the gun with. If it doesn't like it you don't want 400+ rounds siting around.

I haven't heard anything bad about the XD family but here's a forum I visit every once in a great while that might help you for XD info:
http://www.xdtalk.com/

I don't recall ever hearing about any kind of torture test on a MilPro. But I wouldn't worry too much, unless you want to do one for us? ;D

Steelheart

·
Registered
127 Posts
Steelhart is correct. It's not just pistols either, it's all weapons. I have an SKS that hates hollow point, it hates detachable mags also. I stick with the FMJ stuff for that. My Taurus loves the WWB and the Wolf. It hated the CCI Blazer for some reason. I know that the casing was aluminum.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
If you can find a local Wally world that carries CCI BLazer Brass you can save some money over that wolf stuff and not have to pay for shipping. My wally worlds still have the 50 round boxes of the Blazer Brass for $9.47. That would be $102.something after tax for 500 rounds and you can take it home with you or go shoot right away. Anyway I have not seen a test on the MilPro but watch this video and they do torture the 24/7 at the end ;D

http://www.taurususa.com/video/taurus-247tv.cfm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts