Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I just got through with my CHCL CLASS AND PASSED I was going to use my CZ but let my BIL use it because it is so easy to shoot and accurate he had never fired any of my pistols and only has a 44/40 that would limit him to revolvers I used my RIA 1911 9mm and knocked it out of the park. Now I. Go down to the sheriffs department and get my finger prints taken and send my money in. We will see what comes next. The County Sheriff gave the test and was very knowledgeable.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts
Well done! Welcome to the ranks of responsibly armed citizens!

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Congrats on the one step closer to carrying.

Reactions: muddcatt54

·
Administrator
40,277 Posts
I believe you have it made. So, welcome to the brother/sisterhood of concealed and or open carry!:thumb:

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
Congratulations!

2 things: requisite wally walk and NO ONE will notice you are carrying...unless of course you forget to cover up your firearm!

·
Super Moderator
20,013 Posts
Another congrats and welcome to TA.net’s “Carriers Anonymous” although few of us choose to remain anonymous. Be safe and carry often!

Reactions: Taurus1965

·
Banned
4,206 Posts
Congrats! Suggestion: Get a copy of "The Law of Self Defense - The Indispensable Guide for the Armed Citizen" by Andrew F. Branca (forward by Massad Ayoob.) Now that you armed with the appropriate permit and weapon, arm yourself with information on how to protect yourself should you actually have to defend yourself with a gun, God forbid.

·
Registered
65 Posts
great suggestion!!! Awesome stuff.

I jumped the gun and registered for Concealed Carry the same day I got my gun, got my fingerprints done the following Monday, and signed up for class on Tuesday (to be taken on 01/27)
Everyone is interested to see if I get my license first before they do ( tAKING THE CLASS AS A GROUP, nobody else has done their $ 40 state fee and $10 fingerprint fee yet)

That said - "The Law of Self Defense - The Indispensable Guide for the Armed Citizen" by Andrew F. Branca or a similar book that covers all aspects of your responsibility as an armed citizen is highly suggested.
I have chosen to pursue continuing education / shooting courses with the company AMSON, as they are amazing, and cover every aspect. So if your not one of those fellars who have high retention of documentation (reading) This is the BEST solution.

You have to practice to be efficient in any task.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts