Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I dont now anything about charter, what I have read is that they make a good quality revolver that is a tad smaller than the S&W jframe or Taurus CIA,Protector,85 series for that matter. How much smaller is it really? Are these two manufacturers in the same category? or is one on a higher scale of manufacturing quality and acceptance by the consumers?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
i heard that they are some how tied to hi-point.. not that they make the guns but marketing i believe by the same company.

anyway i've not actually had a chance ot hold or shoot one of their guns but the pictures i've seen they look decent enough.. prices i've seen have been up there with rossi and taurus..

what little i've heard about them has been positive though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I read the make the revo with less moving parts, that sjould be good. And the first employees where S&W or colt employees.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I would do a search over at the High Road on Charter Arms. They seem to be having issues lately.

Here is a pic with a Charter snub next to two M85s for a size comparison (not mine).

One thing to note. Charter says on their web site that +P is not recommended as a steady diet, where as Taurus can eat the stuff night and day.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts