Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the 3" barreled 7 shot .32 H&R Magnum version of this revolver and have shot it, but not much due to the ammo availability and cost. I haven't seen the .357 Rem. Magnum version for sale yet. It's no S&W, Colt or Ruger, but very nice for the price. Nice job on the nitride finish, grips feel good as does the smooth trigger pull and I love the FO front sight. I do wish the grips came checkered and being light weight I imagine the .357 Rem. Magnum loads would be a handful.
Here's a review from the American Rifleman: American Rifleman | Official Journal Of The NRA | Review: Charter Arms Professional

·
Registered
4,938 Posts
I bought the 3" barreled 7 shot .32 H&R Magnum version of this revolver and have shot it, but not much due to the ammo availability and cost. I haven't seen the .357 Rem. Magnum version for sale yet. It's no S&W, Colt or Ruger, but very nice for the price. Nice job on the nitride finish, grips feel good as does the smooth trigger pull and I love the FO front sight. I do wish the grips came checkered and being light weight I imagine the .357 Rem. Magnum loads would be a handful.
Here's a review from the American Rifleman: American Rifleman | Official Journal Of The NRA | Review: Charter Arms Professional
Nice.

I was looking at one of those as well, but it was the ammo bit that put me off for the time being.

How is the DA trigger pull? The stats say 10# +/-, but how does it feel in DA?

Reactions: BigBlue

·
Super Moderator
35,329 Posts
Well. I'm a sucker for a good shootin' revolver. But, alas, I don't need another revolver at the moment. My current carry is a plastic gun, not much to look at, but extremely functional;

Nice, though, very nice!

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The double action doesn't feel like 10# at all to me. Very smooth and I can stage it, bringing it right up to the point of firing and holding it there. Single action feels more like 2#.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i own 2 CAs, 22lr pathfinder and 40 s&w pitbull, both finished in stainless and both snubnose. i carry the 40. only 5 shot but that should be enough to get the job done in a defensive situation. love those wood grips, btw

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never started out to collect them, but along with the .32 H&R Mag, I also have a CA in .22 mag, .38 spec, .44 spec and .45 Colt. Good revolvers at a fair price.

Reactions: Tracker627

·
Registered
30 Posts
they are nice revolvers for the money. only problem i had was with the pathfinder on firing the first loaded wheel. couldn't extract the casings. some lighting pounding with a rubber mallet freed them up. no issues with either one since

·
Registered
527 Posts
If CA releases a 22lr version......MMM...mmm! Come to Papa!

·
22,942 Posts
This thread has me looking for a .357 version. No joy yet; lots of places are still sold out on most handguns.

·
Premium Member
13,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This thread has me looking for a .357 version. No joy yet; lots of places are still sold out on most handguns.
In the past I've seen the .32 H&R version for sale in various locations, but I've yet to see the .357 version.

·
Registered
946 Posts
Wow, nice....I know my wife is going to want to find one of those. She loves her Undercoverette 5 shot CA .32 mag.

·
Registered
4,859 Posts
View attachment 479481
Charters are underrated. They build a pretty good revolver. Yours looks really nice!

·
Registered
946 Posts
My wife learned on .32 longs and now is much better shot with .32 mag ammo in the revolver than I am. Only revolvers I really shoot are the S/A .22 Wrangler and Rough Riders. She dislikes my .22 S/A revolvers....she says they do not have any "boom" when you shoot them!

·
Super Moderator
35,329 Posts
My wife learned on .32 longs and now is much better shot with .32 mag ammo in the revolver than I am. Only revolvers I really shoot are the S/A .22 Wrangler and Rough Riders. She dislikes my .22 S/A revolvers....she says they do not have any "boom" when you shoot them!
Jeez, I never thought of .32 as heavy recoil.

My revolver carries are .38 or .357 mag. .38 is pretty mild, itself.

·
22,942 Posts
Wow, nice....I know my wife is going to want to find one of those. She loves her Undercoverette 5 shot CA .32 mag. View attachment 479527
Just curious. What's the diameter of that cylinder? Looks very slim. The reason why is obvious, but I'm curious how slim.

In other news, for those who were talking about a .357 version, there's one on gunbroker now.

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
GH beat me to it.There is one for sale on Gunbroker.
I have been watching these and want one in .32 with the three inch barrel.
Also want a Ruger sp101 in 327 mag with a 3" barrel but damn they are pricey.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts