Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off - Hello Everyone!!
Been following this site for quite some time, just now decided to join in.
After trying the Heinie sights for a while decided they needed to be removed/changed. Took me over 2 hrs. to make the replacement front sight, screwed up the radius of the dovetail on the 1st one :mad: 2nd one came out fine (made it out of a chunk of carbon steel w/a pc. of hard yellow nylon for the insert). It now hits to point of aim @ 10yds. with my carry load. Sorry about the picture quality my camera sucks! If the pics don't load, I'll try again.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Welcome from Missouri !!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Robby- Family was in Ky & Tn on vacation last fall. Really enjoyed the countryside,museums, Churchill Downs etc. BUT-sure don't like your highways!! :eek:
I enjoy working on the mill every now and then, but would hate to do it everyday for a living. My 145 shot 4-5" low with most of my loads @7/10 yds. even with a dead-on hold, just got tired of trying to adjust to it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jcan said:
I just bought one today. After shooting bout 1/2 box, my buddy & I both are shooting low. Is this a problem, & did the new site fix it?
It seems to be the nature of the beast when Heinie sights are installed. They are somewhat harder for most people to adjust to it seems. I figured out how much front sight i was holding over @ 10 yds. with the Heinies and made my new front sight that much shorter and installed the large bead insert (really helps with my aging eyesight!). Center hold with the large bead at 7/10 yd. tears one ragged hole in the center of the target. I'm happy with that.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts