Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although my new 24/7 Pro is back at Taurus to get the broken slide spring fixed, I have a question. The instruction book indicates that the magazine release button can be switched for left hand use, but the instructions aren't clear.

Anybody switched the magazine release to the right side of the grips?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I tried to reverse the magazine release button last night. I was able to reach a finger inside the grip and hold down the release spring with a fingernail and slide the release button out. 6 straight hours later, I have been unable to get it back in. I've tried every method possible to pin the spring down and clear the way for the button to go back in, but no matter how tightly I'm able to pin it down, I simply cannot get it back in... either way. It's been over a year since your post, but if you had any success, please reply. Thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks Robby... shortly after posting, I located the thread, and was able to get the mag release reversed. Sadly, when set up for a lefty, my magazine doesn't drop without a little tug from below. I did discover that for me, it's actually more awkward to release it with my thumb anyway, and the middle finger of the off-hand when wrapped around seems to actually be easier to use.

Appreciate the reply!

·
Registered
2 Posts
ctoyer -

Had the same problem with mine. Had a terrible time getting the mag to release. Set it back to righty and will have to live with it unless someone can reply with a fix to this problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts