Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the pt 24/7 pro with the 4.2in barrel i have seen them in the 5in long slide is there an option to turn mine into the long slide? Since it is discontinued where would i get one? If not is it possible to get the pt 845 in a 5in barrel?

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Hmmmm.
I would think the only difference is the barrel length.
If you could find a 5.2" barrel, it might fit without changing the slide (cause you would also have to change the frame)
So if it DID fit, you would have 1" sticking out the front that you could thread for a can.

·
Registered
9,171 Posts
There's always a full size 1911, they're pretty much relatively available. Lol

·
Administrator
17,895 Posts
Caliber??? You might find a longslide or OSS parts kit on Gunbroker or Ebay. That said, you would be better off getting an OSS model from Buds or Gunbroker.

·
Registered
36,445 Posts
Hmmmm.
I would think the only difference is the barrel length.
If you could find a 5.2" barrel, it might fit without changing the slide (cause you would also have to change the frame)
So if it DID fit, you would have 1" sticking out the front that you could thread for a can.
I don't know for certain but would think if this was even safe that accuracy would be super lousy, I don't see how the front end of the barrel could lock up in the same position time after time?

·
Administrator
17,895 Posts
I don't know for certain but would think if this was even safe that accuracy would be super lousy, I don't see how the front end of the barrel could lock up in the same position time after time?
You are quite correct! Without the Front Barrel Lockup Band in the appropriate place you really can't use a shorter slide with a longer Barrel. Might be possible to Tig Weld a Barrel Lockup Band into place, but you would have to find someone who really knows what they are doing for that! Much easier to get a longer slide and barrel kit or a whole other pistol.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
4 Posts
1911 pshh. if you spend the money to make it work via gunsmith, barrel etc i would vote to save up a couplme more bucks and grab an entier second gun... (or 20th)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts