Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After doing a search, I didn't see this as a topic, so I'll post it. I was doing some research today, and looking over the features of the various models. I like the external hammer of the 809 compact, and was disappointed to learn the 800 compact line does not come in 45 ACP. I wonder if it ever will be? Seems like it would be a good gun.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
One never knows what Taurus USA will come out with next. But I kinda like the 845, with 13 rounds in the magazine.
I'm still looking for a decent holster for that pistol. If they did make an 845 compact, it would have a lower capacity
magazine. But that would make a nice compact carry pistol!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My former (and temporarily current until the 24/7 is fixed) 45 was an old Astra A-80 I bought new in the 80's. The 24/7 Pro hammerless design and lack of a decocker was an adjustment for me, so I think I'd enjoy an 845 compact. My Astra is a staggered mag design and only holds 9+1 as compared the the 12+1 of the 24/7. If the 845C did at least 9, I'd be happy with it. The 40 cal 840 is a 15+1, as is the 840C. Seeing as how the 845 is 12+1, I think a C version should do the same. It just seems odd they don't make a 45 version as they do for several other pistols.

·
Registered
15,002 Posts
I stand corrected. Previously, I mentioned the 845 as having a 13 round magazine. But you are correct.
It is a 12 round magazine. Kinda dumb on my part. I own the 845; I should know about the mags!
But now, you've got me thinking. A compact version would be really nice for the 845!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts