Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
It's amazing you can even build one of these for $285 much less sell it and make money on it.

Seller probably bought it for ~$242 and is making 15% on it. Factory is making 20% to be sure which
brings the price to ~$194.

Surely it's made in China and must be shipped.

All the Best,
D. White

·
Registered
14,131 Posts
I have a Champion 8750 generator that I use here at the house for power outages. I'm guessing that it is near 5 years old now. Never misses a lick. Set the choke, turn the key and watch it go. I have an outlet that back feeds into the power distribution panel (fuse box) providing power to the selected areas of the house. While it won't run the heat and air we live quite comfy.

·
Registered
32,205 Posts
It's amazing you can even build one of these for $285 much less sell it and make money on it.

Seller probably bought it for ~$242 and is making 15% on it. Factory is making 20% to be sure which
brings the price to ~$194.

Surely it's made in China and must be shipped.

All the Best,
D. White
Just another item the Chicoms are getting a sweetheart deal on shipping, subsidized by those who pay U.S. Income Taxes.

I admit, I have bought a lot of inexpensive products made in China, even knives, but just the shipping on something like this generator from China to my house should be as much as the total.

I do try to remind myself, anytime I purchase something made in China, I am contributing to our National debt and putting a U.S. citizen out of work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts