Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I brought my new Judge home today, and noticed that the chamber moves (I saw an earlier thread, but no answer was concrete to me). It moves in the rotational direction, now when cocked back, it tightens up, still moves though, about half of a credit card thickness, or around 1mm (used a auto feeler guage). Is this an acceptable tolerance? Or am I being too picky? It's probably the case (I build old Honda MC's and am always blown away by they're loose tolerances... yet they run forever! Go figure^-^)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got no replies on this for good reason..... I was being an over concerned newbie. so just in case another newbie reads this or a person considering a Judge reads this, there was no problem at all at the range, I've shot multiple rounds of buck shot, PDX1s and 45's with it....... most freakin fun I've had in a long time!!!!!

·
Registered
27,838 Posts
Full lockup occurs only when the trigger is pulled, not when the hammer is cocked.
The trigger moves the pawl up and presses it against the ratchet, that locks the cylinder against the hand.

Reactions: JudgePD

·
8,969 Posts
Not to worry - mine rotates a couple mm's before trigger lock. I've put over 300 rounds mixed 410 and colt no problems. I was worried to - especially after watching review comparing the Judge to the S&W governor. The reviewer made big deal about the cylinder rotation slop compared to the S&W perfect lock in place. Well if I had another $250 above what I paid for my judge - I woulda got a Governor.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
Full lockup occurs only when the trigger is pulled, not when the hammer is cocked.
The trigger moves the pawl up and presses it against the ratchet, that locks the cylinder against the hand.
What he said.

Check it with the trigger in the FIRED position (the trigger pulled all the way back). In this position, the hand is against the ratchet and the bolt will be in the raised position resting in the bolt notch of the cylinder. There should be NO side to side (rotational) play in the cylinder. To be perfectly honest, this is the only position that really matters because this is where everything will be when the round actually goes off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts