Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my 709 and I noticed that the round in chamber indicator doesn't pop up all the way anymore. I think the holster I am using may have cause the problem. Has anyone else had this problem and if so is there an easy fix or do I have to send the gun in for repair?

·
Banned
893 Posts
you will get a lot of "assume all weapons are loaded, who uses a CI, I know when it's loaded or not, things like this you will hear. I know because I asked a CI question before. I say if it is not doing what it is suppose to send it in if it is still under warranty or let a gunsmith look at it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I can't speak for that model but some models rely on the magazine lip to pop out the indicator.

But as already said, if anything more than that send it in and get it fixed. No reason not to.

·
Banned
73 Posts
Same here and my holster is not a factor. When brand new, the chamber indicator was quite prominent. Now it just sticks up a little. To really check, I sneak the slide aft and look inside. But the chamber indicator provides a convenient way to verify one in the pipe by feel (like in the dark or in your pocket).
Scott

1 - 6 of 6 Posts