Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
31,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe I can go longer without buying ammo than Jon can go without buying a gun, and considering it will be about 28 days before Walmart get's any more 225 packs of Remington Golden bullets in, I think I'm safe. There is one situation in which he might beat me. Last January, both Federal and Winchester had to fulfill their contracts for the fiscal year to Walmart on the minimum amounts of .22, and they brought in a lot of it in a 4 week period. If that happens, Jon will easily beat me. I will give Jon a pass on the $197 G-2 if he wants to buy one today. For me, this applies to all calibers and gauges,

·
Super Moderator
26,963 Posts
OH come on Jake, you already have more 22 that the whole of the DoD! What sort of challenge is that!
Now if you said, for every day that Jonrjen does not buy a gun, I will release 1000 rounds of 22 to my local Walmart....that would be a challenge!

Think of the money you would save on the storage rental!

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Seriously? ......What's next?

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
My walmart had 3 boxes of the 225 packs in their case last night. Luckily the rep in that department had just stepped away as I was coming up to the case. I waited about 5 minutes for him to come back which gave me enough time to remember that I have never owned a 22lr firearm so I left them for the next lucky person.

·
Registered
10,898 Posts
Shakes head.

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
Can I get a call on the rules.

Is this if I out right buy a new pistol?

If I were to trade one for one with no additional cash out lay on my part does it count or negate the understood definition of the word "buy/purchase"?

If I were to sell a pistol, and replace it with another, and pocket a cash difference.....is this a purchase or does it negate the firearm purchase and then become a swap or trade in inventory as one in and one out?

I assume this begins as of todays date, correct?

·
Registered
31,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess a swap is okay, I may want to swap some .22 for a......hmmmm, there really isn't any caliber ammo I want to swap for, and I think queensbury rules means just means no new guns period, other than the one exception I made for the new G-2.

There is no money on this, just honor! Let an opportunity to get 12 boxes of Federal Champion 550's come my way and I'll have no honor, I promise. Same for Mini-mags. Also, I won't sell any .22 ammo to buy a gun, although I thought about it for that $197 G-2 as I plan to give one to my son for graduation in May, and I won't go back to the place I spotted the Federal champion 9mm for $9.97 a box and buy them out.

Basicly, no ammo purchases means no ammo purchases, no gun purchases means no guns other than the one exception I granted.

I am free to buy guns, you are free to buy ammo. Personally, I think silver has bottomed out and I may do just as well buying silver.

Maybe my wife will get off my back if I buy silver instead of ammo.

She got onto me the last time I bought ammo. Usually she doesn't know, but last time was on her day off, so she knew. She started talking about how long since she had bought a new couch. I pointed out that I could buy x number rounds of .22 for what she paid for a couch, and what it would be worth. Then I asked her what her old couch was worth. Would she rather I died and left her a bunch of old couches or a bunch of guns and ammo?
I'm sure she would just sell all the guns and ammo and buy a bunch of furniture that would depreciate. My argument sounded perfectly logical to me.

Anyhow, I promise to let you know when I cave in...you do the same!

Reactions: jonrjen

·
Registered
2,554 Posts
OH come on Jake, you already have more 22 that the whole of the DoD! What sort of challenge is that!
Now if you said, for every day that Jonrjen does not buy a gun, I will release 1000 rounds of 22 to my local Walmart....that would be a challenge!

Think of the money you would save on the storage rental!
While this does sound like a reasonable plan, I move to ammend it somewhat.
I think instead of releasing 1000rds to Walmart I think it would be better if he had to release a brick to a LOCAL forum member. :)

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
Bring it on, Let the clock start NOW!!!!

Also, if you would please, send me a PM which of course to my email telling me you either caved or time has expired. As being that I am weak, I will be signing off and not coming to visit the forum until that time.

The members here, my friends and family are all such great people, but not much of a Sponsor in the true meaning of addiction breaking values.....LOL.

·
Registered
31,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Bring it on, Let the clock start NOW!!!!

Also, if you would please, send me a PM which of course to my email telling me you either caved or time has expired. As being that I am weak, I will be signing off and not coming to visit the forum until that time.

The members here, my friends and family are all such great people, but not much of a Sponsor in the true meaning of addiction breaking values.....LOL.
Hey, I'll be still coming around TA spreading discord and malcontent, and nothing here about ammo deals will deter me from my self imposed ammo buying ban other than $19.97 for Federal 550 count .22 at Walmart. I think most folks here are betting on you outlasting me!

·
Registered
19,167 Posts
Let the games begin...I do not have a dog in this battle..:D

·
Registered
13,938 Posts
Jake, how you holding up there big feller? I'm still clean and going strong. I came pretty close earlier today, but our bet was enough to help me hold fast. I did sell one on Saturday, I doing pretty well as far as finding a comfortable level in inventory at this point.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
This I gotta see. :D

·
Registered
12,468 Posts
Now Jake was selling ammo last year cause he had invested too much into it. Now he's buying again. Or is that the other Jake? I can't keep 'em straight.

·
22,300 Posts
Reactions: Paul81
1 - 20 of 30 Posts