Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now I await ILLinois to clear my NICS check so I can pick it up. I stopped by his place and filled out the 4473 and he called it in. No fast response this time. My guy had an audit from the BATFE a few weeks ago and they basically did a virtual strip search of his business. I did get to examine MY pistol and it looks like a new gun. Now I wait for the wheels of our regulatory system to slowly grind out the right that is guaranteed by our constitution.

·
Administrator
17,814 Posts
Congratulations and hope you can take possession of it soon! :cool: :smile:

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It occurs to me that only in ILLinois can a person walk into an FFL with a 45 ACP pistol on their hip and have to wait three days to receive a new firearm. However, unless we make our voices heard, this might be the law of the land.

·
8,535 Posts
I hate waiting periods, heck I get anxious when a new pistol takes more than a week to ship to my dealer. Good luck and let us know when you get to take it home.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
It occurs to me that only in ILLinois can a person walk into an FFL with a 45 ACP pistol on their hip and have to wait three days to receive a new firearm. However, unless we make our voices heard, this might be the law of the land.
I'm in California and i can't walk into a gun store with a .45ACP on my hip. I CAN walk in with a 9MM on my hip though. :cool: And, I have to wait 10 days to "cool off" before taking home what would be; if I bought a new gun today, my something over 30 gun. The state of California doesn't think I'll do anything bad with a gun that I have in my safe they just don't want me to do anything bad with my new gun. :sarcasm: :evil:

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hate waiting periods, heck I get anxious when a new pistol takes more than a week to ship to my dealer. Good luck and let us know when you get to take it home.
I received the two magazines today ordered at the same time. No word yet from the FFL...I wonder if he's waiting the three days from when I filled out the 4473 instead of counting the days from the date of the order like it is supposed to be. I ordered the gun on 8/2/19.

·
Registered
36,305 Posts
well good memories!
I remember vividly back during the Obama fever, walking into my favorite Dope deal--Ahh Gun shop, picking out the pistol that I had been looking at for a week or so, I noticed a stack of gun boxes stacked up with 4473 in between them on top of the counters.
so I show my drivers license and my gun permit, paid and was ready to exit when curosity got the best of me and I asked the clerks--so whats going on with that?
he said well the feds system is so backed up that they just take our phone number and say they will call us back when they can take the info and begin the check, some have been there for three days now..
ahh yes to live in a free state and have a carry permit.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Some of us don't realize how good we have it here in Virginia (for now). For some reason I don't understand, I have bought 5 new guns this year. The two I had shipped to my local Pawn Shop FFL took about 10 minutes each for all of the approvals and paperwork (shipping from Buds was 4 or 5 days because there was a weekend involved with both). One at Rural King took about half an hour because one of their 2 computers was down. The next one at Rural King took about fifteen minutes. I bought my last on on Sunday, just after the 2 mass shootings and while Rural King had a good sale on the Spectrum for $119.99 in any of the 5 colors they had in stock. There were a hugh number of people buying guns (there were 50 waiting for them to open) and the wait was about two and a half hours because of the time it takes to do the paperwork and get approval. It must have been more than the sale because the State Police were also behind doing background checks. As always, as soon as the "instant" background check is done and you pay for the gun, they walk the gun to the door and you leave with it.

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update...My FFL said the clearance came early afternoon, but that if he closes the ticket out, then the next gun that is being shipped today will require a new ticket and fee. Being the "frugal" person that I am I'll wait a couple of days to save 15 bucks. I'll have to contend myself to live vicariously with Confused's range report...:rolleyes:

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
USPS shows that they will deliver the 2nd gun tomorrow so I am hoping to get my hands on both...more to come on it when it happens.

Confused said in another thread that Sig had upgraded the trigger group on the remanufactured guns they're selling. I got curious and found this resource on the changes they've made. Interesting to note, they make the statement that ALL guns may discharge if dropped when loaded.

https://www.sigsauer.com/support/p320-voluntary-upgrade/#video

Reactions: morrcarr67

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have a Sig P365 and a Sig P320 X-Carry. Both are superb weapons.

They had one compact P320 left when I bit...and I usually go for those. I figured that I have compact 45 ACP pistols already so went for the full size.

Reactions: jwc007

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
I'm in California and i can't walk into a gun store with a .45ACP on my hip. I CAN walk in with a 9MM on my hip though. :cool: And, I have to wait 10 days to "cool off" before taking home what would be; if I bought a new gun today, my something over 30 gun. The state of California doesn't think I'll do anything bad with a gun that I have in my safe they just don't want me to do anything bad with my new gun. :sarcasm: :evil:
well good memories!
I remember vividly back during the Obama fever, walking into my favorite Dope deal--Ahh Gun shop, picking out the pistol that I had been looking at for a week or so, I noticed a stack of gun boxes stacked up with 4473 in between them on top of the counters.
so I show my drivers license and my gun permit, paid and was ready to exit when curosity got the best of me and I asked the clerks--so whats going on with that?
he said well the feds system is so backed up that they just take our phone number and say they will call us back when they can take the info and begin the check, some have been there for three days now..
ahh yes to live in a free state and have a carry permit.
Yep. Not to put too fine a point on it but going for a 2-fer makes for a fine day indeed. I’m referencing buying 2 guns in one visit and walking out of the store with both guns at the end of that visit. I’ve done 2 such purchases, the last one in January this year. When I buy two, I get a really nice deal on both guns.

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
Umm, morrcarr, why is that? Does it have to do with a carry permit not linked to a 45ACP or are 45ACPs not legal for carry/sale?

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Umm, morrcarr, why is that? Does it have to do with a carry permit not linked to a 45ACP or are 45ACPs not legal for carry/sale?
In California you have your firearms listed by make, model and serial number. There's no law limiting the number of firearms you can list. Though on the state designed and approved application only has room for 3 firearms.

I'm lucky enough to live in San Bernardino county where our Shariff is pro carry and issues permits. But he will only let you list 3 guns. I have two 9mm's and a 380 listed on my permit.

I know it's kinda silly but at least I can leave the house knowing that I'll be able to protect myself and those I love. Maybe even a complete stranger

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36,305 Posts
Yep. Not to put too fine a point on it but going for a 2-fer makes for a fine day indeed. I’m referencing buying 2 guns in one visit and walking out of the store with both guns at the end of that visit. I’ve done 2 such purchases, the last one in January this year. When I buy two, I get a really nice deal on both guns.
that long huh??
sadly my addiction led to me purchasing two handguns that I totally did not need ( I said I was an addict) about a month ago!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
19,742 Posts
^^^^^^
Well, I don’t try to make a habit of it but occasionally I’ll run across a couple I really want and just buy both. In January, I was ripe for buying my P365 and they happened to have 2-3 LCPIIs on display and since I had already decided to get one I just pulled the trigger on both. My last two purchases since then were my Compact P320 and XDm 10mm. I have no idea what I want next but my “gun kitty” is ready.

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Super Moderator
36,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
IMG_20190809_155048117.jpg

IMG_20190809_154527918.jpg

USPS did their job...1 1/2 days from the SLC area to Northern Illinois!

The CANIK TP9SFL 9mm shipped with two each ten round magazines and a BladeTech type paddle holster. I promptly ordered 2 each 18 rounders from Grab A Gun...then thought about it and with a price of 25 bucks each net delivered ordered a third. I may put the 10 round mags on auction.

The P320 is gorgeous, with bright tritium sights and a sweet trigger. Didn't have any time at all to break them down for cleaning, but I am now itching to get to the range.

The funny thing is that I am a manual safety kind of guy with all of my guns to this point, except the TCP, having safeties. Now I have two more.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts