Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Do we really need to go over this again?

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do we really need to go over this again?
Over what?

The CDC just told us that cloth masks were ineffective against particles of smoke because they are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask.

Covid-19 particles are even smaller than smoke particles.

So, if it can't stop smoke, it can't stop a virus.

Did you have anything to add?

·
Registered
16,884 Posts
Over what?

The CDC just told us that cloth masks were ineffective against particles of smoke because they are too small to be stopped by a cloth mask.

Covid-19 particles are even smaller than smoke particles.

So, if it can't stop smoke, it can't stop a virus.

Did you have anything to add?

You just had to ask that didn't you......................

·
Registered
816 Posts
They say it is not effective to protect against smoke but, the director told Congress today that masks are more effective than a vaccine!
If that’s the case, why the push to get a vaccine? It makes no sense.

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
They say it is not effective to protect against smoke but, the director told Congress today that masks are more effective than a vaccine!
If that’s the case, why the push to get a vaccine? It makes no sense.
And I just got issued a box from work that says right on it that it isn't effective against Covid19....
So I guess the road we are going down again is showing that Zen isn't gonna convince us as he is wrong.
Medical masks are supposed to be single short term use. Not hung off the rearview mirror or carried in a pocket and reused for several days.
Cloth masks are like constantly wearing on your face the snotty handkerchief your grandfather carried in his pocket on your face!
If any of you actually know anything about the design of respirators you would realize how little these two options can do to protect you.
Respirators for chemicals and dust are designed with specific materials to absorb and filter to a specified micron rating. They also require fit testing and you cannot have facial hair as it prevents a proper seal.
But all that doesn't matter as the mask that grandma made before Cuomo or Wolf sent her to the nursing home to die will save your life!
ehss.vt.edu/programs/BIO_resp.php

·
Registered
861 Posts
Smoke NO....COVID Yes! LMFAO Straight from the CDC site: "Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health.

Although N95 respirators do provide protection from wildfire smoke, they might be in short supply as frontline healthcare workers use them during the pandemic."

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
Smoke NO....COVID Yes! LMFAO Straight from the CDC site: "Cloth masks will not protect you from wildfire smoke.

Cloth masks that are used to slow the spread of COVID-19 by blocking respiratory droplets offer little protection against wildfire smoke. They do not catch small, harmful particles in smoke that can harm your health.

Although N95 respirators do provide protection from wildfire smoke, they might be in short supply as frontline healthcare workers use them during the pandemic."
So the CDC is basically saying the same thing that they've been saying all along, that simple face coverings aren't designed to protect YOU from GETTING covid, they are to decrease the chance of YOU giving it to SOMEONE ELSE. But wait, I can't possibly give it to someone else, I don't have a fever and am not sick. That is the insidious thing about this particular disease, and it's been well known in the US for many months, but it's a tough concept for people to get their heads around. :(

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
So the CDC is basically saying the same thing that they've been saying all along, that simple face coverings aren't designed to protect YOU from GETTING covid, they are to decrease the chance of YOU giving it to SOMEONE ELSE. But wait, I can't possibly give it to someone else, I don't have a fever and am not sick. That is the insidious thing about this particular disease, and it's been well known in the US for many months, but it's a tough concept for people to get their heads around. :(
So if I'm understanding this, the mask will stop me from spreading the virus but won't stop me from getting the virus? So it'll stop particles from getting out but not from getting in. Still makes no sense to me...

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
There has already been a study done in S. Korea that shows they don't protect from you transmitting it.
They had known positive subjects wear masks and cough into petri dishes at various distances. It was shown that with surgical or cotton masks the virus was still found on the test matter. They also found it had higher concentrations of virus on the outside of the mask than on inside.
The study was published, then they were asked to retract it due to something in the measurements utilized. They offered to provide additional data to back up the study and were told no, just retract it.

·
Registered
3,625 Posts
So if I'm understanding this, the mask will stop me from spreading the virus but won't stop me from getting the virus? So it'll stop particles from getting out but not from getting in. Still makes no sense to me...
Although I haven't personally done any lab testing myself, from what I've read and been told by experts is that covid is NOT stopped completely by a simple face covering, either inbound or outbound. The only thing most simple masks do is reduce the effective range of exhalations, sneezes, and coughs, as compared to not wearing a simple face covering. They also reduce the count of virus that is expelled in the air to a certain degree, depending on the material of the mask in question. If everyone in a room were to wear a face covering, it would reduce the amount of covid virus in the air, but not eliminate it completely. All masks allegedly do is reduce the amount of covid spreading in an indoor environment or if people are close together in an outdoor environment, there are no guarantees as long as you have to interact with other people.

Despite what you hear on the news, the number one method for avoiding covid is NOT masks, but avoiding other people who might be infected. (which might be anyone who hasn't been tested) Of course that isn't possible for most people, unless you live on the ISS or Antarctica. The second best method is social distancing. Sadly there are so many stories in the news or from local contact tracers of people who said that in public with strangers they social distanced, washed their hands, and wore masks, but ending up catching covid at some family related event where none of that occurred, and people were in close contact with an asymptomatic or almost asymptomatic friend or relative. :(

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
Recent article in the paper here interviewed a director at the local hospital. She said they are wearing an N95 mask with a surgical over it and two pair of gloves.
Personally I wouldn't take much stock in what the CDC says they have reversed course and been shown by their own admission to having falsified numbers.
Short of the type isolation you have mentioned you really don't have much chance of avoiding it.

·
Registered
585 Posts
The big thing about masks is the are useful for folks with compromised immune systems and the folks that are around them but you still have to take other precautions.

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It is sad how much disinformation about this virus that has been given out not only by the MSM but also by the CDC.

This virus cannot change the physics of size and it cannot change history of how viruses have been proven to propagate.

So, if it makes you FEEL better, wear your mask.

Reactions: CaptainMorgan

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Reactions: pegasus
1 - 17 of 17 Posts