Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You see CCW used all over the internet as a term for carrying concealed. CCW is carrying a concealed weapon, which is usually what you would be charged with is you were not leagal. In Ohio, to carry legally you need to have a CHL(concealed handgun license). Is there actually a state where CCW is the proper term? Every time I see someone say they got their CCW I always want to sent them the phone number of a good bail bondsman!

·
Registered
296 Posts
License to Carry Handgun here (LTCH)... And either open or concealed carry is lawful with a LTCH.

·
10,379 Posts
LoL I've noticed that myself. WI was supposed to be CWL (Concealed Weapon License) but they changed the name on the licence at the last moment to CCL (Concealed Carry License), which is funny because the paperwork I used to apply for it and the pamphlets that came with it refer to it as a CWL.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Kentucky is CDW Concealed Deadly Weapon License.

I've always understood CCW to stand for Concealed Carry Weapon, not carrying a concealed weapon.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have seen it called 2 different things in alabama. CCP (CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT) and PP (pistol permit). I'm glad you asked about this as have been wondering myself.

·
Registered
16,283 Posts
Seems like it's different in every State.
Here it is CWP, "Concealable Weapon Permit", yeah, not "Concealed" as all the other States use.
Which, BTW, includes knives.
(1) Except for the provisions relating to rifles and shotguns in Section 16-23-460, as used in this chapter, ‘weapon’ means firearm (rifle, shotgun, pistol, or similar device that propels a projectile through the energy of an explosive), a knife with a blade over two inches long, a blackjack, a metal pipe or pole, or any other type of device or object which may be used to inflict bodily injury or death.

·
Administrator
39,737 Posts
It's a Concealed Handgun License here in Texas. CHL.

·
Registered
10,732 Posts
Minnesota calls theirs a Permit To Carry A Pistol AKA PTC. The law does not require the weapon to be concealed although most people do conceal.

Personally I like the surprise effect of concealed carry, why go out inviting trouble when I can get all I want without trying!

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kentucky is CDW Concealed Deadly Weapon License.

I've always understood CCW to stand for Concealed Carry Weapon, not carrying a concealed weapon.
Was just in the local news that a man was charged for CCW. I'm not an LEO or lawyer, but thats what you see people charged for.

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You know, as an after thought. I don't use the term weapon. Again, I'm not a lawyer, but I believe weapon shows intent. I carry a firearm, a revolver, a handgun, or use a brand name.

·
Registered
7,042 Posts
WA state it's LCCP (License to Carry Concealed Pistol); Open Carry is legal in Washington.

·
Registered
29,905 Posts
You say "Toe-may-toe", she say's "Toe-maw-toe"...but I say "Doe-may -der".

Muchadoaboutnouttin...;)

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
In Mississippi its called a Firearms License.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts