Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
40,839 Posts
I completely agree. I carried a blue Smith .357 Highway Patrolman about 30+ years ago in all kinds of weather. Got it wet, sweated on it, wore it through sand storms, well you know what I mean. Just keep an eye on it and take care of it. It'll be fine. :thumb:

·
Registered
212 Posts
One of the most important parts of a ccw weapon is that you carry it often and are proficient in its use. If you are already concerned about rust, then you'll most likely keep up with maintaining it. It's always good to read your manual, become familiar with the firearm and keep it clean. Welcome to carrying concealed.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Your weapons 2nd worst enemy is rust. It's worst enemy are the poltitians. lol
There are products available to coat the weapon to help reduce the rust. I have one that I bought at a gun show called Gun-Guard. Wipe it on, let dry, wipe off hazey coating.
I'm sure any gun supplier or store has a similar product.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
drummin_man627 said:
Your weapons 2nd worst enemy is rust. It's worst enemy are the poltitians. lol
There are products available to coat the weapon to help reduce the rust. I have one that I bought at a gun show called Gun-Guard. Wipe it on, let dry, wipe off hazey coating.
I'm sure any gun supplier or store has a similar product.
bah i can't seem to find anything on gun-guard. Could you tell me who made it or maybe if there is a website??????

i tend to be overly paranoid about such things, but would hate to see my gun turn brown, and fail if ever needed.....

·
Registered
22 Posts
velvalco said:
bah i can't seem to find anything on gun-guard. Could you tell me who made it or maybe if there is a website??????

i tend to be overly paranoid about such things, but would hate to see my gun turn brown, and fail if ever needed.....
when you take it off just wipe it down, i use mossy oak gun and reel silicone cloth you can buy it at walmart for a few dollars.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Re: Rust prevention

Well, I checked the Gun-Guard web address and got nothing. Too bad. I seems to work. I also have a silicone cloth that I use. Between the two of them, that little rust spot that used to try and form on my stainless steel revolver is kept in check.
I bet that Outers or someone else has a similar product. Rust is always a concern and surely has been for a lot longer than I've been shooting.
Both Midway, and Cheaper Than Dirt, list a plethora of items for this problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts