Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. tonight i got this don hume H715-M T.B. holster for my PT145PRO and wondering who else is using a similar setup for CCW. this is my first IWB holster, i normally cary OWB (stongside @ 5 o'clock), and im seeing that it will take some getting used to. it seems pretty tight with drawing from the hip and reholstering seems difficult as well. is this typical for leather IWB holsters (or this one specifically)? if anyone has experience with it then let me know. also tell me how you like it if you do at all.

·
Registered
84 Posts
KaliS
You know I have the same get up on mine also. It does get easier and smoother with a little age and use. Mine was tighter than Mother Teresa when I first bought it and now is getting a lot better.
On a different note...went to the range again today and the shots are getting a lot better but I still have problems with these dang sights. Still shooting low. I'll keep trying though since I think this is the best CCW package out there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah im getting a little more used to this set up. was thinking to still buy an OWB holster for it though. but for now, this will be the primary method of carry. i think it will get more loose in due time, i have been sticking it in and out pretty frequently...and she's starting to get to how i'd like her (not related to the tighter remark of bob, not at all ;) ).

i plan to hit the range tomorrow and see how my shots go. the sights definitely take some getting used to. there was a post on another for about how to use the sights properly....if i can find it i will repost it on this forum. maybe the original poster is already a member here and can post for everyones benefit as well.

Reactions: Papa97

·
Registered
34 Posts
To loosen up a tight holster put your gun in two walmart type bags then put it in the holster overnight. If it is still too tight try it one more night.

·
Registered
84 Posts
KaliS, that was me I believe who posted the sight picture
I also bought a Fobus OWB paddle holster for it and it is pretty nice and tight to the body.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hey bob, so did the sighting that you posted help at all? i was going to try that at the range again later today. let me know if you have tried another method with these sights, i will also try some things out today.

maverick: when you said put it in 2 walmart type bags are you talking about plastic bags???? im not sure i follow...but willing to give it a try.

on another note, does anyone have a good choice in an OWB leather open top paddle holster for the PT145? i've decided to go ahead and get one just for those times when i dont want to carry IWB.

·
Registered
84 Posts
it helped a little bit but still shooting a little low at 7 yards. I am still working on it though since it is a new system to me after years of the traditional sight picture. I figure it will come together over the next couple range visits.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Maverick7340 said:
To loosen up a tight holster put your gun in two walmart type bags then put it in the holster overnight. If it is still too tight try it one more night.
Wow great idea, tight but not to loose.

·
Registered
11 Posts
KaliS-Pugilist said:
hello all. tonight i got this don hume H715-M T.B. holster for my PT145PRO and wondering who else is using a similar setup for CCW. this is my first IWB holster, i normally cary OWB (stongside @ 5 o'clock), and im seeing that it will take some getting used to. it seems pretty tight with drawing from the hip and reholstering seems difficult as well. is this typical for leather IWB holsters (or this one specifically)? if anyone has experience with it then let me know. also tell me how you like it if you do at all.
I carry in two similar set ups to yours- IWB - both with clips, one strong side behind the right hip and the other from a palm out middle of the back (they call it "calvary" style ) I practice drawing daily trying to determine which I like better. ( the jury is still out) Statistically comfort should prevail over speed of draw.

·
Registered
40 Posts

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
A side note on that DH holster. On another forum I frequent a gentleman laid his bike down hard and was using that model of holster. He landed holster side down. It stayed in place, even with some road rash. Yes, this amazed all. And this is a primarily LE and serious self defense shooter site. I'm not a fan of metal spring clip holsters but thats one I would consider.

Steelheart

Reactions: Papa97

·
Registered
42 Posts
I use a Uncle Mikes size 15 IWB at about 3:00 for my PT640 or my High Point C9. Both conceal well with only a T shirt untucked. Both are the same size and weight of a PT145.

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I have the same holster and it will loosen up with wear and use.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats KaliS, once you get it tweaked to your satisfaction , I think you will be glad you went that way

·
Registered
89 Posts
hey bob, so did the sighting that you posted help at all? i was going to try that at the range again later today. let me know if you have tried another method with these sights, i will also try some things out today.

maverick: when you said put it in 2 walmart type bags are you talking about plastic bags???? im not sure i follow...but willing to give it a try.

on another note, does anyone have a good choice in an OWB leather open top paddle holster for the PT145? i've decided to go ahead and get one just for those times when i dont want to carry IWB.
Here's an OWB leather open top paddle holster for the PT145 that's next on my list of goodies to buy:

Leather PADDLE Holster - Open Top

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts