Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about grabbing a concealable pistol at the Houston gunshow this weekend.

Is the Pro adequate? I have never used one and am trying to figure out if it is a good idea.

I have about $400 to spend. Can I even get one for this price?

·
Registered
135 Posts
My PT145 Mil Pro was $349 at a local shop here. I'd say it's more than adequate as a CCW weapon...but just like with every other gun, it might not fit you like it fits me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I am about 5' 10" and weight in at 142 soaking wet and giving a midget a piggy back ride. I also like long walks on the beach and Journey...but that is another issue.

I just want something I can carry without a lot of problems. This gun won't be a range shooter, it will be a pocket blaster.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I pack around a pt111 everyday. I also take it to the range. I like this gun a lot more than I thought I would. So far I have put 500 (give or take a few) rounds down range. Zero problems of any kind. It conceals nicely. I wear it IWB about 4 oclock. It is even small enough for me to pocket carry. But I am 6 3 250lbs. so I can conceal anything fairly easily. I got the new in box tan frame with 2 mags for 289.00. I absolutely recommend this gun.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I'm 6'2" around 260lbs, like long rests in my recliner and cuddling(with my guns). But, I can pocket carry my PT145 w/o a problem and have since I got it last week. I intend to get a IWB holster I foolishly gave away to my friend when he bought my PT111 last year. Mine is SS and I got it on gunbroker.com for 349 + shipping, but I could have gotten it alot cheaper w/o the ss @ budsgunshop for 289 + shipping. I'm just kinda partial to ss. :-*

·
Administrator
40,158 Posts
The mil pros are a good consideration. I have a 2nd gen PT111 and 3rd gen PT145. Both have been great firearms. Carry the 145 in IWB holster daily.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yes, it's more than adequate and actually a very nice gun to shoot at the range. I put a Hogue handall jr on mine, and improved it tremendously. It conceals well under a loose button down shirt with a fobus paddle, but I find it a little too big for pocket carry. But as stated by the other posters: it can be done.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I too find it too big for pocket carry in my office clothes, IWB is fine. I personally have not found a small .45 that compares to it in comfort, concealability, capacity, and reliability, not to mention price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well this will be one that I carry around on my person when I am out and about town. I tend not to wear tight fitting clothing because I couldn't get anything done with the ladies all over me. Inciting one riot because of my handsomeness is just too many. The people who died that day are the greatest heros of all.

A big reason I want a compact is because I go to school in the middle of downtown Houston and I want something that fits well in my truck console. The CZ is a little too big for the job.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Trajan82 said:
Well I am about 5' 10" and weight in at 142 soaking wet and giving a midget a piggy back ride. I also like long walks on the beach and Journey...but that is another issue.

I just want something I can carry without a lot of problems. This gun won't be a range shooter, it will be a pocket blaster.
I have a PT745 - same gun as the PT145 except with a single stack 6-round magazine. I'm 5'7" 160 lbs and can hide it easily in an IWB holster under a polo or t-shirt. You might change your mind about the range shooter business. Mine is pretty darn accurate and recoil is not abusive. Right now it's at Taurus for a slide release overhaul. Can't wait to get it back.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I like the PT908 in 9mm out of my Taurus pistols for CC because it is so slim and handles perfect. Then again I have no trouble hiding a 24/7 45cal, PT92 or PT1911 on my person, so it is basically whatever you feel most comfortable with. Also my PT145 is a very comfortable carry weapon without sacrificing punch for compactness.

·
Registered
37 Posts
i carried my pt-140 for 2 years, iwb. my wife now carries it, iwb.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Obvious all of the Pro series will fit your bill and comfortably within your price range... now just choose which caliber you are most comfortable with

·
Registered
24 Posts
As I said in another category, I plan to carry my new PT140 rather than my almost new 24/7 .40 cal. I carry in a fanny pack, and the PT140 is shorter in the barrel and in the butt. I've only shot the PT once, but I didn't notice any appreciable difference in kick between it and the 24/7.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts