Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6,455 Posts
It must be up to each sheriff . In Mobile county two years ago, the ccw permit was printed and issued on the spot. All that was required was a drivers license and $20. I gave my cousin and her friend private classroom and range lessons with my revolvers and auto's of different actions, caliber and barrel length. We went to a few gun shows so they could put as many guns in their hands. When they figured out what hand gun they wanted, if I didn't have it I found a rental range and we shot some more. Then bought the handgun they liked and shot well. Basic gun knowledge, safety ,uses and hitting center mass completed with a gun of their liking we went to the sheriff for a permit.
It is. There are some basic requirements but the Sheriff can add to them as he feels necessary and set the procedures for his county for their issuance.

Prior to the change to Shall Issue, that was a sticking point for both sides. It was kinda funny because the Brady Bunch liked the May Issue law but the Pro 2A crowd like how things really worked. Permits were Shall Issue in all but name (I've only heard on one person that had an issue getting one and he was enough of a butthead that I don't blame the Sheriff for giving him a hard time) back before the last round of laws and there wasn't really a major change in the issuance of the permits except now we can get multi year permits.

·
Premium Member
13,057 Posts
We go through all of this crappola just to exercise rights that we already have. Then we have politicians telling us where we can and can't carry, they want to restrict the type of gun, the type of stock or limit the ammo in magazines and criminals aren't subject to any of it. They can carry anything they want, anywhere they want while committing crimes and nothing the politicians do to us will stop them. To top it off these same politicians that would limit our rights release felons back into society and even propose no bail needed for release. I tell you we must be crazy to put up with it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts