Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://lordnazh.com/DailyRamble/2008/05/concealed-carry-stops-shooting-spree.html

Original story

On Sunday May 25, 2008 at approximately 2:30 a.m. the Winnemucca Police Department was dispatched to the Players Bar and Grill located at 1062 South Grass Valley Road on the report of numerous shots fired and multiple gunshot victims.

The officers on scene discovered three adult males who had died from obvious gunshot wounds. Two additional gunshot victims were also located.

The subsequent investigation lead detectives to believe that Villagomez entered the bar and at some point began firing multiple rounds. At least two of these rounds struck and killed the other two decedents, Jose Torres age, 20 and his brother Margarito Torres, age 19 both of Winnemucca. At some point during this shooting spree Villagomez allegedly stopped and according to witnesses reloaded his high capacity handgun and began shooting again.

It was at this point that the second shooter, the Reno resident, produced a concealed handgun and proceeded to fire upon Villagomez who succumbed to his wounds. The Reno resident was in possession of a valid Concealed Carry Permit issued through the Washoe County Sheriff’s Office.

OK Nevada people. What is the law in NV regarding carrying in a bar? Can you carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol? I assume that this incident took place in a restaurant and not a bar that primarily serves booze. Especially since the CCW permit holder was not charged.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
You said it in the copy paste! Players Bar and Grill Grill being the operative word. That is a Rest. But I do not know the NV law for your presence in them. I seem to remember, you could carry if not posted, just not be drinking.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
OK Nevada people. What is the law in NV regarding carrying in a bar? Can you carry in a restaurant that serves alcohol? I assume that this incident took place in a restaurant and not a bar that primarily serves booze. Especially since the CCW permit holder was not charged.
I can't quote the law, but I can tell you what my CCW instructor told us. He is a current LEO.

First, I have yet to see a 'No Guns' sign posted at any NV business, including bars. If one is posted, it is a $25 trespassing charge equivalent to a parking ticket. In reality, they will most likely just ask you to leave. The consensus of the class was 'Carry, and don't get made. It could save your life. At the worst, it might cost you twenty-five bucks.'

Most NV bars have video poker machines at the bar. Most NV bars also serve food (though that has changed somewhat with the new no smoking in restaurants ban). So, technically, when you sit in a booth or at a table you are sitting in the restaurant, though the bar is only ten feet away. In case that distinction puzzles you, I thought it was a strange delineation, too. Order a non-alcohol drink and you are 100% within compliance.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In Kentucky you're in big trouble if you get caught carrying in a bar. Not in a restaurant that has a bar. I think it's revocation of your permit and a felony. I'd have to look that up though. I wish I could remember where the heck I put my book from my CCDW class.

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
Doctor_Venkman said:
In Kentucky you're in big trouble if you get caught carrying in a bar. Not in a restaurant that has a bar. I think it's revocation of your permit and a felony. I'd have to look that up though. I wish I could remember where the heck I put my book from my CCDW class.
Sir you are so correct!! I was stating if a Rest./bar, they must have more than 50% sales in the bar to be a NO go place. Guess we could check with the manager and see how they do in sales. :rolleyes:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.