Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When applying for a Concealed Carry Permit (Colorado) do you have to list a reason for wanting one and therefor you may or may not get one or can anyone get one if they want one? I realize that you have to pass background check and some training also. The more I think about it, I am thinking that you have to state a reason for wanting one (business, protection, etc) .... and you might get turned down? But it's late and I am probably having brain fog.... LOL

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I would suggest you goto www.Iowacarry.org and ask your question. Although it is titled Iowacarry, they are very knowledgeable about most state laws. I am fairly sure you will need to state a valid reason and it may need to be something other then "For Personal Protection". Generally they will want to know what qualification's you have with a firearm. like any LEO or Military background related to firearms or training from a certified professional, etc...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I guess I will find out soon enough since I will take the NRA's 10 hour pistol course in a few weeks which will satisfy my initial CCW training and than will apply for a CC permit. Was just wondering beforehand whether I will need some kind of "reason for" statement when completing the application other than the standard "for personal defense". They may explain the CC request procedure during the training class.

·
Registered
26 Posts
You don't have to state a reason, here is a silly question.......ever been in the Army? Use your DD-214 for your training if so, I have mine and I am in the Springs. Where are you applying, as each county is a bit different, if you reside in Denver, I feel for you. PM me if you need, I'll give you my phone number and you cn give me a ring. Les

1 - 7 of 7 Posts