Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

I just want a little advice and input on this subject.
I been thinking on getting ccw insurance.my wife
dosent think I need it.but I feel its a good idea
you just never know when or ever you need it.
What are your opinions on this subject? and what
is a good company to go with? and will they stand
by you in a justified shooting God for bide? if you
ever had to shoot someone.

THANK YOU GUYS

Jeff;)

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network, Inc.

I really like Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network program. It in not insurance, it is a Network of attorneys and a defense fund. It was recommended to me by another attorney. I have not joined yet, however am seriously considering it.

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
We had a lengthy discussion here about a year ago comparing the different plans.

I will try and find the link.

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
I use USCCA from Wisconson. I haven't had to use them and I hope I never will.

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Anyone know how well any of them actually work? How well do they actually stand behind their promise? Any customer reviews? Ease of payment and swag might be nice, but it really comes down to "will they be at your side when the chips are down?"

My father had car insurance, and was hit by a drunk driver. His OWN INSURANCE COMPANY tried to sue him... my father... because he was pulling out from a side street, and the drunk driver was on a main road. Wound up costing the ins. company a LOT of cash for doing so. Especially since it was a slam dunk case. I think that company is now out of business.

It would suck if this happened to a CCW client. We would like to know about it in advance before we commit our cash. Great thread.

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
I have ccw safe. 99 bucks a year for pretty much full legal representation. Not a lot of limits like the others.
Its peace of mind. I hope I never have to use it.

The also just added apolicy where you are covered for ANY self defense activity.. Even without firearms. They will cover knives and fists, etc. As long as it was in self defense

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Im with you Brian I want to know for sure that they will be there if you
need them.im looking at different companys .and I appretiate everyones input

Thanks to all of you for the advice
Jeff

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Guys

I found a place called Second Call Defence.What I liked about them is
you dnt have any out of pocket expence.They pay up front. I talked
to the owner and it sounds good.and there is also a Guarantee. any one
have this insurance? and how do you like it?

Thank You
Jeff

·
Registered
10,439 Posts
Hi Guys

I found a place called Second Call Defence.What I liked about them is
you dnt have any out of pocket expence.They pay up front. I talked
to the owner and it sounds good.and there is also a Guarantee. any one
have this insurance? and how do you like it?

Thank You
Jeff
Can you please post links or other info?

Thanks

Sent from my Huawei Phablet using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi Texas Deputy

I really dnt know how to post a link sorry.when it comes to these
computors .im pretty dumb lol. you can google it its called SECOUND CALL DEFENCE
I talked to a friend last night about them and hes going with them also.
what I like is its Guarnteed and they also will take monthly payments.and know out
of pocket cost so its not a reembrusemenet .Thats the man thing I like about it.
and if you had to shoot someone.God forbide .you call there number and they will take
over talking to the police.getting you a Lawyer ect ect.

Take Care
Jeff;)

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Currently with uscca but will checkout 2nd call defence. Something is better than nothing. I look at it like this, I had AAA for years and never used it. I think I've used it 3 times this year. What's the old saying; Better to have and not need than to need and not have. :)

Reactions: jamain

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
I used to hunt with a group of professional types with varying backgrounds and professions. One happened to be a Ligation Attorney who was at one time a State Prosecutor. This subject came up once at the bunkhouse when we were frying a fried Wild Turkey and drinking the same. He didn't seem to think it would help your case when the prosecutor held that you intended to use your weapon and had even purchased insurance to protect yourself. I don't remember how the conversation turned out because once I warmed up and had a full belly and several glasses of the liquid turkey I fell asleep.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
I used to hunt with a group of professional types with varying backgrounds and professions. One happened to be a Ligation Attorney who was at one time a State Prosecutor. This subject came up once at the bunkhouse when we were frying a fried Wild Turkey and drinking the same. He didn't seem to think it would help your case when the prosecutor held that you intended to use your weapon and had even purchased insurance to protect yourself. I don't remember how the conversation turned out because once I warmed up and had a full belly and several glasses of the liquid turkey I fell asleep.
that almost makes it sound like it would be detrimental to even have such insurance at all. that same argument could be made against having liability insurance. I dont think that would fly, and it seems more reasonable that insurance would be preferable to not having insurance. surely these CCW lawyers can provide a defense for that argument.

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
That would be like saying you had auto insurance so you could get in a wreck. You have a fire extinguisher so you can set your house on fire. You had Obama Care because it was the greatest thing in the world. All a bunch of :bs:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts