Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was interested in getting my ccw for California so I started reading up on the process, so my question is, does any one on this site have there ccw for the state of Ca and if so was it as easy as taking the proper steps then moving on or was it more of a long drawn out process maybe making you rethink your decision?? Is the process the same in evry state? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Having escaped from California, all I can really say is 'good luck'. From Californiaconcealedcarry.com: California is a “May Issue” state; the decision to grant a CCW (Carry a Concealed Weapon) Permit being granted (or refused) at the discretion of the County Sheriff or Police Chief. Some sheriffs/chiefs issue on a reasonable basis, others can be next to impossible to persuade.

So in my recollection, the few people who generally get a CCW there are DA's, judges, and people who made large contributions to the election fund of the sheriff. It looks like http://californiaccw.org/ might be a good starting resource to check on how friendly your county is.

·
Administrator
35,765 Posts
I thought you had to be rich, famous, or Rosie O'Donnell to get a gun license in California......hands down the worst 2nd amendment state in the country. DC doesn't count, of course.......

·
Registered
346 Posts
firecaptdave said:
I have a CCW from CA...they aren't impossible to get. Go to Calccw.com and you'll get plenty of help.

What county do you live in?
+1 on http://www.calccw.com/Forums/. Very honest and helpful info. Best site for ccw in CA IMHO.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
if you are a celeb then CA is a shall issue state, a lot of them have permits.

if you're a regular joe then it's a may issue and up to the country sheriff rather or not he/she thinks you should have one, i will however wish you good luck.

·
Registered
121 Posts
unless it has changed since I left CA--Madera County was fairly easy to get a permit where Fresno County was not, although I hear the new Sheriff is a little more gun owner friendly. In those two counties you could have up to 3 handguns on your permit but they ALL had to be on the CA approved list(the one that says what handguns can be sold there) :p I love it here in WA-it is a shall issue state :) although best is a state like VT where you don't even need any permit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts