Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw the NRA site has a Leather Slide Holster for $19.95 (# SA 324) Looks interesting and the price is right (for me anyway). Has anyone tried this type equipment before? If so, how did you like it?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Although I have never used the slide type holsters I do have a couple outside the waist types. I find the iwb types to be easier to conceal.

I like the reinforced type because they allow one hand reholster, making it easier to practice your draw. I'm very partial to the Milt Sparks VMII as they are very comfortable.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Some where, not sure if it was here or another site. I saw a IWB, that was integrated into the belt itself.

Of course it did not look like it would reholster very easily. but If I have to pull it, I would wait until I was very very sure I did not need it again before worrying about that.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Funshooter said:
I saw the NRA site has a Leather Slide Holster for $19.95 (# SA 324) Looks interesting and the price is right (for me anyway). Has anyone tried this type equipment before? If so, how did you like it?

Is this the type holster you have seen?

I have used this type and it is flexible... capable of being worn both on the belt, behind the belt, or IWB. The only problem is that as soon as the gun is drawn it is impossible to reinsert it back into the holster with one hand... you must hold the holster open in order to reinsert it.

I have also used the Hidden Ally holster by High Noon...
http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/Hidden_Ally/hidden_ally.html

Since I wear my shirts tucked in, a "tuckable" holster was a must. I would have preferred the shield against the body, by that is available only in the custom holsters and I didn't have the patience for the long turn around time. I have found the holster comfortable, easy to put on and take off. The placement of the belt clip is such that almost anything other than a thin white shirt will provide cover for the rig. The tension screw holds the gun very will and there is just enough tensioning material at the mouth to re-holster with one hand... even though the other hand is going to be gathering your shirt to keep it out of the way. Not the fastest, but when you must dress so that you never know when you will have a coat on or off, it is an excellent approach.

·
Registered
532 Posts
I love a slide type holster. I generally use a generic style so I can pick any gun I want, to carry at that time. I used to switch between a Gov't model, Combat Commander, S&W model 19 4", a PPK/s, and a Colt Cobra using the same holster. That was Nirvana, fo me.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cimarron
Is this the type holster you have seen?

Yep. Pretty much the same. I hate all the IWB jobs I've tried and don't care for most OWB or belt holsters unless I'm in the field and carry open, but thought I might try one of these or a 3 position type pancake.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts