Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I've never owned a holster - in fact, I've only had my Taurus for about 2 months now... I'm a newbie. ;D ;D

Anyway, are there any holsters out there designed for the PT92 which have also been designed for concealed-carry?

I don't even know where to begin to look - all of the holsters I've seen look too bulky.

Thanks,

~V~

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
There are many good holster designs that will allow you to conceal your PT92. Unfortunately you probably won't be able to find them at your local gun shop.

I've ordered all of my carry holsters online (did phone in a few orders but did the research online). Run a search for gun holsters and you should be able to fine something. There are various threads here if you wander around a bit.

The PT92 is on the large side but with a good holster and an adjustment to your wardrobe you should be able to successfully conceal it. By wardrobe adjustment I mean you will end up dressing around the gun (to assist in concealing it). Most people end up getting their pants about 2" larger in the waist (to allow extra space for the slide and holster). Dark colors and prints help break up any outline that may be inadvertently revealed. Un-tucked outerwear (shirts, sweatshirts, hawaiian shirts etc) make life easier.

The main key to successfully concealing a handgun is mental, not equipment. If you are constantly messing with the gun/holster or touching it to make sure that it is still there, you are displaying that you are trying to hide something. You need to leave the thing alone. If you don't act like you are trying to conceal something/hide something (which technically you are) you won't draw attention to yourself.

I've been very happy with Milt Sparks, Comp-Tac and Don Hume. I've used both leather and kydex and don't have a real preference. There are many quality holster makers out there, those I listed are just the ones that I have personal experience with.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

Steelheart

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I appreciate the advice and the list. I'll let you all know which one I end up with. Take care!

~V~

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Steelheart,

I'm having trouble finding a suitable In-The-Pants holster for my Taurus PT92. The problem is that there are tons of holsters available for the regular PT92, however there are currently no holsters for the Taurus PT92 WITH RAILS.

Do you know if a Beretta Vertec or Brigadier holster will work for a PT92 w/Rails?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts