Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have advice on what the best CCW holster to purchase for the G2 is? And are there many manufactures out there that make accessories that are compatible with the G2? I have been having the hardest time finding a light that will work with my g2, without sticking to far out from the end of the barrel. I have shot my fair share of firearms... from your S&W MP Shield (9mm) to your Ruger 9mm and also all different types of glock and i enjoy the feel and accuracy of my g2 over all of them! I have taken my target as far as 30 yards and still been pretty accurate with it. Just an all around good gun to have and with it being so compact makes it that much better.

taurus with m3 light.jpg

:guns: ;)

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the PT111 9mm G2. After shooting it I dropped my Sig and Beretta carry guns and use the G2 exclusively. Holsters and accessories are hard to find and lots of places want to confuse "Taurus PT111 Millenium" with the Pro and the G2 - they don't work.

I don't use lights (attached) or lasers. I use tritium (none found for the G2) or nothing. Holsters have been an issue. Tommy Theis makes holsters for the G2 along with Crossbreed - both excellent companies. Theis is light years better than Crossbreed in ordering time and the quality of both of them is excellent. Tommy (Theis) will pretty much configure a holster like you want plus he is responsive and very nice. You can also get holsters made for other weapons that will fit the G2 pretty well. I bought a Taugua for a Springfield XDM 3.8" barrel and you would have thought it was made for the G2 (slight wiggle off the belt but when strapped up it feels like it was made for it). I've also read that holsters for the H&K USP compact work along with holsters for the Taurus 24/7. I just got a holster from IHL for my Beretta Nano that is excellent. I have asked them to make me a holster for the G2 but they don't have the mold yet. They said they would let me know and I can advise as soon as I hear. By the way, IHL (international handgunleather) is a superior company that turns you holster out much faster than others that I use. The owner is on the spot working with you. You won't go wrong with them.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I carry a different gun but I did buy a Theis IWB for it and like it a lot. Check him out for sure when shopping around.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Not that its any of my business, but putting a light on a carry gun is not ideal. If you want to trick one out buy a full size for home defense and go crazy on it. The only accessories you need for a carry gun are a good holster, a good belt and plenty of ammo to feed it!

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Not that its any of my business, but putting a light on a carry gun is not ideal. If you want to trick one out buy a full size for home defense and go crazy on it. The only accessories you need for a carry gun are a good holster, a good belt and plenty of ammo to feed it!

2nd'ed this ^^^^^^ If you can't see it without a light, should you be shooting it?

Reactions: Tapoli

·
Registered
304 Posts
Timmy, you are gonna owe me one if this works out for you. I just went into my safe, and removed my light from another gun, and put it on my PT-111 G2 just so I could show you how it looks. The light is a Crimson Trace CMR-202. IMG-20130813-00064.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've had good luck using a glock26 holsters for my pt111 G2. I recently picked up a slightly used Crossbreed Supertuck for a Glock26 and my G2 fits it like a glove. Goodluck !

·
Registered
751 Posts
2nd'ed this ^^^^^^ If you can't see it without a light, should you be shooting it?
Count me in on this ride too. 100% agree.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Count me in on this ride too. 100% agree.
Really, the only issue is does a light belong on a G2? I have a tactical light on my SR40. If the G2 is your goto weapon for home defense, then I say go for it...

·
Registered
751 Posts
Really, the only issue is does a light belong on a G2? I have a tactical light on my SR40. If the G2 is your goto weapon for home defense, then I say go for it...
Absolutely. But I am also a fan of the whatever floats your boat ride too. I just wouldn't recommend lights or lasers to my friends for a carry gun like we've been 2nd'ing and 3rd'ing.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Well if you have a light on your gun and a holster made custom for it I don't see why not? Obviously you wont have time fora light when you draw for self defense but for looking around in the dark it could be helpful.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well if you have a light on your gun and a holster made custom for it I don't see why not? Obviously you wont have time fora light when you draw for self defense but for looking around in the dark it could be helpful.
I guess if you want to use your gun for a flash light that could be cool. Like when you're trying to unlock the front door in the dark or if you drop something under your car seat. Although a good little pocket flashlight is a LOT cheaper it won't have a nice grip like your gun.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The light would be placed on the gun while my fiancee is home alone at night. When being carried it does not need a light but id rather her to be able to flip it on real fast if someone were to enter our residence unwanted. It is a personal preference for me, considering my line of work and the fact that I work mid nights and my fiancee is home alone at times.

·
Registered
312 Posts
My wife usually leaves one of the lights on in the kitchen before going to bed. Since the kitchen is somewhat in the middle of the house.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i wish our residence was set up like that. the layout for us is different and the only was to keep light in the room would be to keep a lamp on. much easier just to find a small light to mount.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I would also recommend the Theis holster. I have one for my PT-111 G2 it is great. It is my edc weapon and it is on as long as 16 hours.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I have the Tommy Theis holster for my PT-111 G2 and really like it. It has a life time warranty and he is a nice person to work with.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts