Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i took and passed my ccw class today, with my new 738 im loving it! that little gun has not missed a beat. carry on taurus! i also own a pt840 but i said hey if this is what im going to carry then might as well test with it..

·
Super Moderator
40,702 Posts
Congrats, most people take the safe route and use a bigger gun with better sight picture.

Reactions: goose67

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
Congrats and now the long wait begins for your license to come in.

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
Nice!!!

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
Nice job. Congrats on passing. Hope you get your permit quickly!

·
Registered
313 Posts
Goose: Congrats.

A fellow on Handgun Forum was griping about the poor quality (his opinion) of his CCW class.

I was favorably impressed with my instructor in NC. The NC course is taught by private contractors but directly from "the state-approved book." Still the instructor makes a huge difference, IMO. My instructor was also a cop (his day job), as well as a police firearms and police physical fitness instructor and a member of the sheriff's "aggressive enforcement" team (the guys who bust drug houses, etc). He used a lot of examples.

I am curious about your experience. What state. Was the instructor a private contractor or state employee? Was the content of the course prescribed by the state? How much shooting did you do? What distances? Did you also shoot one handed, weak handed? What was your overall opinion?

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
well i took and passed my ccw class today, with my new 738 im loving it! that little gun has not missed a beat. carry on taurus! i also own a pt840 but i said hey if this is what im going to carry then might as well test with it..
Congrats!

·
Registered
8,061 Posts
Congratulations on passing your CCW class! Hopefully you will receive your permit quicker
than I did. (I got mine after five weeks)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
my class was great, plenty of info and a very good instructor. He is nra certified and we did the class and range drills by the book, and yes we had to perform left hand right hand onehand as well, it was purely defensive shooting that day! (no sights) i would recommend to anyone to take a full fledged class. also we received a nra guide of personal protection in the home. i have read it already good info.

thanks for your inquire about my class.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
Congrats. I'm envious. While I can (and plan to) take a safety class here in Illinois, no CCW:(:mad:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Congrats. I thought about using my 738,but decided on my full size 9 to be safe. Didn't have the pinky extension, so I thought it might get a bit slippery with that many rounds. I only get about a finger and a half below the gaurd stock..

·
Registered
701 Posts
Congrats to you & your Family!

·
Registered
292 Posts
Congrats!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Congratulations. I feel ya on the waiting game now...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Congrats! I took my class about 5-6 weeks ago and mailed off my paperwork about 4 weeks ago, it will be another 4 weeks or so until I get my license, the waiting is killing me!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Congrats. No class required to get a CCW in Georgia; got mine last year. Some states, like South Carolina, don't have reciprocity with states that don't require the class, but Michigan does recognize Ga. CCW's.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts