1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
21,120 Posts
I strongly doubt an "automatic" weapon was used.

·
Administrator
40,591 Posts
Surprising this was even reported, considering where it happened. Some of the reader comments are interesting, or maybe I should say, expected.

·
Registered
5,058 Posts
I strongly doubt an "automatic" weapon was used.
I was thinking the same thing! I'm also surprised it was reported since "they" feel Chicagoans don't need firearms? This must be fake news as nothing positive can come out of having a firearm right? ;)

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
Amazing that there would be a licensed CCW in a Chicago suburb. And note the last sentence of the article: "Illinois State Police are investigating the officers’ use of force."

Really?

·
Super Moderator
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Amazing that there would be a licensed CCW in a Chicago suburb. And note the last sentence of the article: "Illinois State Police are investigating the officers’ use of force."

Really?
Current number in ILLinois: (FOID are cards needed to buy firearms/ammo)

FOID – 2,280,658
ICCL – 310,543

·
Banned
17,333 Posts
I would done the same and stepped in.

·
Registered
17,597 Posts

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
The way "journalists" report things related to firearms reminds me of the times just prior to the legislative vote on mandatory seat belt laws in Iowa and Nebraska. Where I lived, we got three stations (ABC, NBC, & CBS) and they were all out of Omaha, so we got both sides of the Missouri river view of the situation. A typical story on the 10:00 nightly news, regardless of which station would go something like this:

"A fully loaded B-52 crashed shortly after take off from Offutt Air Force Base in Bellevue this afternoon. The 488,000 pound plane. loaded with 70,000 pounds of bombs was on a mission to Iraq and just managed to clear the Missouri River before crashing onto Interstate 29 about 8 miles south of Council Bluffs. Fortunately, traffic on I-29 was lite at the time and the plane only struck one car, killing the driver."

At this point, the newscaster would raise one eyebrow, look knowingly into the camera, shake his head and add, "The driver of the car was NOT wearing a seat belt".

A bit tongue in cheek I know, but I actually heard such statements connected to drivers of a Yugo hitting a fully loaded semi, or a Volkswagen hitting a gravel truck head on at 70mph. Of course all that stopped the day after the mandatory seat belt law was passed by the legislatures.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
The way "journalists" report things related to firearms reminds me of the times just prior to the legislative vote on mandatory seat belt laws in Iowa and Nebraska. Where I lived, we got three stations (ABC, NBC, & CBS) and they were all out of Omaha, so we got both sides of the Missouri river view of the situation. A typical story on the 10:00 nightly news, regardless of which station would go something like this:

"A fully loaded B-52 crashed shortly after take off from Offutt Air Force Base in Bellevue this afternoon. The 488,000 pound plane. loaded with 70,000 pounds of bombs was on a mission to Iraq and just managed to clear the Missouri River before crashing onto Interstate 29 about 8 miles south of Council Bluffs. Fortunately, traffic on I-29 was lite at the time and the plane only struck one car, killing the driver."

At this point, the newscaster would raise one eyebrow, look knowingly into the camera, shake his head and add, "The driver of the car was NOT wearing a seat belt".

A bit tongue in cheek I know, but I actually heard such statements connected to drivers of a Yugo hitting a fully loaded semi, or a Volkswagen hitting a gravel truck head on at 70mph. Of course all that stopped the day after the mandatory seat belt law was passed by the legislatures.
Ah yes! The press going from the absurd to the sublime.

I'm glad the motorist was armed and could intervene to help the officer. As for use of deadly force, all such uses are investigated by the State Police, Internal Affairs or, in the case of Texas, the Texas Rangers, even if it is a "righteous shoot".

Reactions: jtg452

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Hopefully, the CCW holder has a good attorney on call to represent him in the investigation of his involvement in the shoot. He'll need one.

Reactions: jtg452

·
Super Moderator
38,049 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hopefully, the CCW holder has a good attorney on call to represent him in the investigation of his involvement in the shoot. He'll need one.
Probably true...while the Cicero town president praised him, his action of discharging his firearm was in the city of Chiraq (the road they were on is the boundary). Not being a known gang member, the shooter will be investigated deeply...since they cannot seem to solve many other incidents.

Update to the incident...they says that the perp's wounds were caused by the wounded officer's partner, not the armed citizen. Also the perp is a known sex offender wanted on a warrant for human trafficking which is why he was so desperate to escape.

These people in Chiraq need more range time. :mad:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts