Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!! I am wondering for those who carry with a backpack or sling, what do you use? I have seen such as Vertex but the price is a bit much for something such as a backpack. I won't be taking it out camping or such. Just for when I go to gym, or for any reason I won't be able to use my holster. I'm not wanting to spend crazy money. But I would like something nice to have on my back. The more discreet, the better. Preferably with a compartment for my G2C. Thanks in advance, as always!

·
Super Moderator
37,220 Posts
I have never looked for something like this as I always either want my firearm on my person or locked up, for me there's no third option. I feel the same way about ladies using their "carry" purse. I will be interested to learn if anyone uses a backpack.

Reactions: mingaa and ICUKev

·
Registered
18,376 Posts
While at the gym will your bag/gun be in a locker? I do have a fanny pack made for concealed carry. It's main purpose is for carry while riding the mountain bike. I also use it when I go to the on premise laundry room, I'm usually wearing cotton gym shorts (no belt) and a t-shirt.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know some people on such social media platforms such as Instagram do. Seeing many videos of people pulling their bag in front of them where they even have a body armor plate slate in the bag and to hold their firearm. Mainly for me it would not be leaving my back, unless being placed within my vehicle or household.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No the bag will be with me next to my side, the gym I go to do not have any people running around stealing bags in between sets or such, and majority of the time I have a buddy with me to look over my stuff if I am getting more weights for the next set.

·
Registered
5,047 Posts
No the bag will be with me next to my side, the gym I go to do not have any people running around stealing bags in between sets or such, and majority of the time I have a buddy with me to look over my stuff if I am getting more weights for the next set.
If that's the case, why not just use a small backpack or string bag? You can put phone, pistol in sticky holster and anything else in it? I'm sure others there have black bags with them. I'd go with something funny on my bag (minions, adventure time, archer or unicorn)! People look, shake head and go on! :D

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
This is what I carry when I do. The back is just big enough for a Velcro backed Holster for the g2c I had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have two, the 5.11 2 Banger Bag while working with my dog because it has a belly strap as well and it is handy and smaller. The other one I use is the 5.11 Push-back. I use the Banger Bag a lot and it is very robust, it is in use for about 5 years now. Besides that I use the Runner's Kit Bag from Hill People Gear. That's a great bag and I do use it quite a lot too on duty and for special excersises as well.

·
Super Moderator
37,220 Posts
I have two, the 5.11 2 Banger Bag while working with my dog because it has a belly strap as well and it is handy and smaller. The other one I use is the 5.11 Push-back. I use the Banger Bag a lot and it is very robust, it is in use for about 5 years now. Besides that I use the Runner's Kit Bag from Hill People Gear. That's a great bag and I do use it quite a lot too on duty and for special excersises as well.
Do you folks have concealed carry in your country?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Do you folks have concealed carry in your country?
Nope, only if you're Police, Security or Bodyguard you may carry. Also hunters may carry pistols and revolvers, but only while hunting. If you drive to the shooting range, ammo and guns have to be kept separately and secured and you may not take a deroute... either to go shopping or have a coffee. It's a bit crazy...

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
I’m with Czeckers on this. Gun has to be ON my person. Backpack is just the decoy:D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts