Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I have some CCI .22 WRF ammo and was told that I can safely shoot it in my 992 magnum cylinder. Is this true, I understand that is has little shorter case than a .22 mag and is less powerful. The box it comes in said not to shoot it in revolvers, I am guessing they mean "old" revolvers?

Anyone out there tried this?

Thanks,
Ed

·
Registered
355 Posts
I hav shot it in mine no problems.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Found this on one of Chuck Hawks pages: 'Note that CCI warns against using their .22 WRF ammunition, which is loaded with a JHP bullet, in .22 WMR guns.'

Here's the link: .22 WRF (.22 Rem. Special)

And here's what I found on the CCI website:

Q: I just purchased a box of your part number 0069 and it says 22 WRF, it is not the same size as the 22 Magnum I usually shoot, is this a "short" 22 Magnum?

A: The 22 WRF was a cartridge that was made a number of years ago, the Winchester model 1890 and some others. Shoot those cartridges only in guns so marked, WRF and WMR are different cartridges. While we are on that topic. We advise against the use of 22 WRFin pistols marked for that caliber, as we have found pistols that have small diameter barrels.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.