Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning I came into the kitchen and found My 6 month old tom cat playing with something, I turn on the light and see that He has a 2 inch long scorpion that He's biting, picking up and smacking around, His sister is trying to take it from Him and they're having a little fight over it.
I shoo them away saying "bad bug, bad bug" while I smash it and the pick it up on an old envelope and throw it in the trash, the same thing I do with all stinging insects to try and teach My cats to leave them alone.
Now anyone here who has ever been stung by a scorpion knows it's very painful, for those who haven't I will describe it as being like a lit cigarette pressed against Your skin and it lasts for a couple of hours.
Now to My point, it seems like cats are immune to the venom or the scorpions aren't able to sting them through their as fur I'm always finding dead scorpions or catching My cats playing with them.
Does anyone know?

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I'm not sure about scorpions but my two sibling cats catch mice and drown them in their water bowl. Cats have a dark side...:)

·
Premium Member
4,166 Posts
I'm not sure about scorpions but my two sibling cats catch mice and drown them in their water bowl. Cats have a dark side...:)
I'd say any cat that will kill a scorpion and/or a mouse has a GOOD side!

Now, the most important question...What do they do when the mother-in-law comes to visit?

·
Supporting SuperModerator
14,938 Posts
I'd say any cat that will kill a scorpion and/or a mouse has a GOOD side!

Now, the most important question...What do they do when the mother-in-law comes to visit?
Hide under the furniture until she leaves.

Like you would, if you could get away with it.

:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts