Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to replace all of my guns due to a theft a few months ago. I know I'm getting a 605ss revolver for my CC pistol, but I want a dedicated 9mm house gun with a light also.... That leads me to the 24/7

What do I need to know? are there any issues with the newest 24/7's? a buddy had one of the originals and his only complaint was the "ribber" grips kinda deteriorated and fell apart. He also said it didn't shoot on target. but I shot it fine.

I like the looks/feel of the all plastic 24/7 I held in the store, but would like to know what people are saying that have shot one.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Try to find an OSS before they are gone!! The best 24/7 Taurus ever made (so far anyway)!!! Or possibly a 809 which are a OSS with shorter barrel and a hammer.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is oss?

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I have the compact version with the ribber grips and love it. But if this is to be a house gun primarily you might consider an OSS model with the longer slide. JAT

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HA!.... I was looking at Buds when I clicked over to this thread.... dang!... that's cheap!.... where's my card? Gotta see if they have an all black one.
it's cool, but what does OSS mean?

·
Premium Member
16,168 Posts
I forget what it stands for, but it was developed to compete for a Special Forces contract.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ooh, ok, just wanted to make sure it wasn't some special coating or something else that needed special care or changed the way it shot....

They don't list an all black one, so I'll have to call them or keep looking for now. (has to be a 9mm in case my wife shoots it)

·
Registered
548 Posts
The only all black is a .45, just search their site for 24/7 OSS.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wish I could get the .45 but my wife would be afraid to shoot it..... it's even cheaper!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll pass on the 809... I like the long slide 24/7

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yea me too!!! I have the identical OSS and I love it!!! But my next one will be the 845 for my carry weapon.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am thinking a PT92 in a shoulder rig for my "heavy jacket" gun, but I have to find an older one without the rail. I have to replace 14 guns..... poor me huh?

·
Registered
548 Posts
That sucks man!! I feel for you as I lost ALL mine from an ex wife (all had to be sold) and am just now restarting my collection.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yeah... some bas**** cut a hole in my floor and took my safe while I was on vacation (I am sure I know who did it).... I'm so happy I paid the extra $2 a month on my renters insurance to specifically insure my guns. I'll never be able to replace my mom's old M85, but I get all new toys.

I feel ya on the divorce... I had to sell the '56 Ford F1 I got when I was 16...... bought a junker, fixed it up, got married..... you know the rest.....

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
OSS - Office of Strategic Services - from WWII. Kind of sneaky spy group, I think.

I'd love to have one of those, but I'd hate to give up my 24/7 for it.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
THANK YOU!

I'll be ordering one when I find an all black one. I'll probably call around tomorrow.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
aah crud!... I forgot the 24/7 goes to single action after the 1st round or when the slide is racked.... I (Meaning the wife) prefer DAO for our HD gun... guess I'll keep looking... Thanx for the help.
I might buy the .45 ACP 24/7 OSS as my heavy carry gun though.....

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
OSS was the Office of Strategic Services and was the predecessor to the CIA. They worked hand in hand with the Brit intelligence service and with the French Resistance.

I'd say the pt92 has to be pretty close to what you and your wife want in a HD pistol, DA first shot, if decocked and a big 9mm firearm with very manageable recoil. Mine's a blast to shoot!

ETA english language escapes me at times

1 - 20 of 25 Posts