Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was decapping some 45 acp and found a stray in the mix. The first pic is four cases standing on the bench. From Left to Right: 45 Colt, 45 acp, unknown, 10mm.
Drinkware Cylinder Gas Drink Wood

The second pic is in the same order, of the head stamp.
Automotive tire Wood Audio equipment Body jewelry Font

The head stamp reads R-P REM UML.
The 10mm will slide part way into the unknown cartridge from the headstamp end, but not from the open end.
Measurements follow:
Case Rim 0.468”
Case 0.466”
C O L 1.095”
Case I D 0.420”
Than You in advance for your help and research.

·
Registered
5,997 Posts
I was decapping some 45 acp and found a stray in the mix. The first pic is four cases standing on the bench. From Left to Right: 45 Colt, 45 acp, unknown, 10mm.

The second pic is in the same order, of the head stamp.
View attachment 483234

The head stamp reads R-P REM UML.
The 10mm will slide part way into the unknown cartridge from the headstamp end, but not from the open end.
Measurements follow:
Case Rim 0.468”
Case 0.466”
C O L 1.095”
Case I D 0.420”
Than You in advance for your help and research.
Contact Remington. I looked at an international casehead stamp listing and this is not listed.

·
Registered
176 Posts
.44 AMP? But looks a bit short for it.

Reactions: william

·
Registered
365 Posts
41 action express ????????????

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
I'll do some investigating. Although I don't actively work in the trade, I am a fully qualified, licensed and certified Private Lip. I've got one more semester to go before I'll make it up to Eye.

·
15,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll do some investigating. Although I don't actively work in the trade, I am a fully qualified, licensed and certified Private Lip. I've got one more semester to go before I'll make it up to Eye.
Don’t you need to be a qualified Private Nose, to transition from Private Lip to Private Eye?
That sounds like at least 2 semesters!

·
15,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
41 action express ????????????
41 Action Express is a smaller cartridge.
case rim .397”
case dia .434”
col .866

But thanks for the lead!
👍

·
15,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
.44 AMP? But looks a bit short for it.
Yes it is short for the 44 Auto Mag Pistol. And if the 308/30-06 was the parent cartridge for the 44 AMP it misses in a couple of other dimensions also.
Thanks for the lead!
👍

·
9,355 Posts
Handwriting Rectangle Slope Font Parallel

not 41 mag. R-P is Remington Peters about 1960 to present time. A case length 1.095 maybe a 40 G&A Magnum. The site below has lots of data, but still didn't find your exact measurements.

·
Registered
20,606 Posts
.44 Russian?

·
15,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's a muzzle loader cartridge. The remington ultimate muzzle loader. UML
While I wonder about a “Muzzle Loader” “cartridge”. It would explain why it has been so hard to identify.
Thank You for your reply!
👍

·
15,717 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It is a rimless cartridge, which discounts the rimmed or rebated cartridges.

After @once0217 pointed me toward the Ultimate Muzzle Loader cartridge, further investigation has led me to believe he is correct. I will try to contact R-P via email when I find a viable address.

Thank You ALL, for your input.

·
Premium Member
6,414 Posts
No idea, but I didn't realize 10mm was so small. (Yeah, I've never seen one.)

• Haha
Reactions: PTDOUDE

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
It can’t be a muzzleloader cartridge because muzzleloaders load from the muzzle and therefore do not use a cartridge. Perhaps you mean a black powder cartridge which would load from the breech thus requiring a cartridge.

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
It can’t be a muzzleloader cartridge because muzzleloaders load from the muzzle and therefore do not use a cartridge. Perhaps you mean a black powder cartridge which would load from the breech thus requiring a cartridge.
But, it is. It's a system. UML stands for Ultimate Muzzle Loader. It's a proprietary remington design.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 30 Posts