Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,321 Posts
can i reload these cases. It's from my lcp 2 it puts this scuff on every case. Is it safe to reload
Is the damage from shooting or reloading? I used to get scuffs all the time on my 9mms. I leveled the stand and the press and the scuffing mostly stopped. The shellholder was not a secure fit to the base so I tried a new one and that was even better.

·
Registered
4,792 Posts
Run them through your resizing die and see if the dents come out. If the cases come out round, then I would reload them for range ammo.

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
That's a scuff from the ejection port. DEBURR, round-off, and smooth your ejection port. That is usually from the inside edge, so polish it off, apply a touch of blue, and reload and shoot like usual. Don't worry about a bit of distortion of the case, as your dies will make it reloadable. The brass just might not last as many dozens of reloadings, but should be fine. You'll want to inspect them more carefully for case-mouth split, but that is all. (This is the reason for lowered and radiused ejection ports on modern 1911's)

Oh, and tuning your ejector to eject a bit later in the cycle and eject more upward will help to prevent this, too, but that is a job for a fellow with a bit of experience in ejection tuning. It's a tricky job.

Good way to check for case-split is drop the case on a concrete floor. A clear, bell-like note will prove a solid, intact case, but a clunky, flat note will be roduced by a defective case.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
It will be fine, I've loaded worse. It will look fine once you run it through the sizing die.

·
Registered
21 Posts
take a pair of needle nose pliers and bend them back out slightly. if you put them through the sizing die with a V shape sometimes the V folds in. i would reload those things with no issues

1 - 6 of 6 Posts