Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any info or inside scoop? We're going down there for an overnight stay and sure don't want to have any hassles. Just want to eat BBQ and visit the shops along Beale St. Maybe a beer.

·
Premium Member
16,955 Posts
Around here the law dosen't allow a CC and beer mix....

·
Registered
24,615 Posts
Yeah, beer and guns don't mix.

·
Registered
167 Posts
In Texas, if the location derives 51% of it's revenue from liquor sales-- no can carry. if it is a Restaurant that sells beer-- it is ok. May be an issue if you have to USE it and had a couple pf beers... I always thought that a BAR is where you NEED a gun or at least a knife.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update. Had a great time and I'm glad I left my trusty 1911 in the hotel room. Ate ribs at Rondevous followed by several hours of bar hopping and shopping along Beale St. We felt very safe at all times including during our two block walk back to our hotel. I still feel naked without my firearm but I didn't feel like I was in a ghetto war zone. Hats off to the city of Memphis for maintaining a safe environment for us tourists.

·
Banned
15,276 Posts
Update. Had a great time and I'm glad I left my trusty 1911 in the hotel room. Ate ribs at Rondevous followed by several hours of bar hopping and shopping along Beale St. We felt very safe at all times including during our two block walk back to our hotel. I still feel naked without my firearm but I didn't feel like I was in a ghetto war zone. Hats off to the city of Memphis for maintaining a safe environment for us tourists.
Glad you had a good time and a safe one as well. You did the right thing by leaving the 1911 behind.:thumb::thumb:

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
You dont hear many people call Memphis "safe" .... Glad you enjoyed your time in TN!

Creek

Reactions: Wolf1477

·
10,379 Posts
You dont hear many people call Memphis "safe" .... Glad you enjoyed your time in TN!

Creek
LoL that's kind of what I was thinking. Memphis is maybe second on the list of "Cities I *Really* Don't Want to Break Down In", the first being Chitcago of course.

Glad you had a good time though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts